George Clooney calls for boycotting Brunei-owned hotels Watch

Fallacies
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Agreed, it is not only exclusive to the Muslim world. And agreed it seems that, to an extent, less religiosity yields more advancement in some aspects. Religious values also tend to amalgamate with culture amongst other things is another point, though.
(Original post by AJ126)
It's not exclusive to the Muslim world but it does seem to be exclusive to religion.You might notice that the most advanced societies tend to have liberal views towards this issue.Even 2000 years ago this was true of the Greeks and Romans.The most advanced societies are also the least religious as well.
Fallacies
Rep:
?
I am not white.

to the point where you can no longer empathise with Muslims having different cultural norms does not mean that their uniqueness shouldn't be celebrated by welcoming as many as possible of them into the Western world.
Now I know you're trolling. Quite paradoxical of you to say "diversity is strength" whilst condoning the act of suppression of diversity pursued by some groups.

You have no right to claim cultural superiority over Muslims just because your culture doesn't murder gays and non-believers
I can't take this seriously. Are you being serious rn?

(Original post by ilem)
Just because you're white to the point where you can no longer empathise with Muslims having different cultural norms does not mean that their uniqueness shouldn't be celebrated by welcoming as many as possible of them into the Western world. You have no right to claim cultural superiority over Muslims just because your culture doesn't murder gays and non-believers.
Last edited by Fallacies; 2 weeks ago
mpaprika
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
don't go there anyway
Fallacies
Rep:
?
And LGBT members are not a persecuted group? Sounds like you lack having half a brain.
(Original post by ilem)
It sounds like you sorely lack cultural enrichment. Muslims aren't suppressing anything as they are a persecuted group and therefore immune to criticism. Try not to be a bigot.
ilem
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Fallacies)
And LGBT members are not a persecuted group? Sounds like you lack having half a brain.
Get with the times mate, Muslims are far above homosexuals on the totem pole of victimhood. Which is why we should do our best to import as many of them as possible, so that our society may benefit from their culture, and, in time, maybe even become identical with amazing Islamic culture!
Fallacies
Rep:
?
OK, you're definitely being sarcastic thank God.

Not saying I am with or against mass immigration, btw.
(Original post by ilem)
Get with the times mate, Muslims are far above homosexuals on the totem pole of victimhood. Which is why we should do our best to import as many of them as possible, so that our society may benefit from their culture, and, in time, maybe even become identical with amazing Islamic culture!
looloo2134
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The Palestines murder gay men non-believers women/girls for honor all the time but of course there the victims of evil Israelis. In Israel gay, non-believing Palestines are given refugee status and can enjoy their life without being murdered. Gay people in Israel enjoy Gay Pride 1/4 people Tel-Aviv are gay.
(Original post by ilem)
Just because you're white to the point where you can no longer empathise with Muslims having different cultural norms does not mean that their uniqueness shouldn't be celebrated by welcoming as many as possible of them into the Western world. You have no right to claim cultural superiority over Muslims just because your culture doesn't murder gays and non-believers.
Fallacies
Rep:
?
:facepalm:

The Palestines murder gay men non-believers women/girls for honor all the time but of course there the victims of evil Israelis.
They're called Palestinians, not "Palestines".

Hasty generalization, again. Won't even start with what's wrong with your claim. And for my sanity, I won't even get into the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. However, I will say, you are most probably referring to Hamas, who are not representative of the whole population and only rule the Gaza Strip.

They are victims of many injustices. Just like how some Israelis are victims of some Hamas attacks. There are victims on both sides. However, the victims on the Palestinian side are larger in number and facing more injustices as of now.

(Original post by looloo2134)
The Palestines murder gay men non-believers women/girls for honor all the time but of course there the victims of evil Israelis. In Israel gay, non-believing Palestines are given refugee status and can enjoy their life without being murdered. Gay people in Israel enjoy Gay Pride 1/4 people Tel-Aviv are gay.
Last edited by Fallacies; 2 weeks ago
looloo2134
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
sorry for using the wrong word for Palestinians but having been to both Israel and the West Bank I see how the Palestinians Muslims force little girls as young as 12 to married to their 30-year-old cousin than rape and give birth in Israelis hospital mainly treated by Arab Israelis Christian staff. Or Palestinians gay men being abuse and murder in the street women girls being murder in honor murder.

(Original post by Fallacies)
:facepalm:

They're called Palestinians, not "Palestines".

Hasty generalization, again. Won't even start with what's wrong with your claim. And for my sanity, I won't even get into the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. However, I will say, you are most probably referring to Hamas, who are not representative of the whole population and only rule the Gaza Strip.

They are victims of many injustices. Just like how some Israelis are victims of some Hamas attacks. There are victims on both sides. However, the victims on the Palestinian side are larger in number and facing more injustices as of now.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ThomH97)
I already boycott those hotels for other reasons.
A lack of funds perhaps?
Palmyra
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by looloo2134)
sorry for using the wrong word for Palestinians but having been to both Israel and the West Bank I see how the Palestinians Muslims force little girls as young as 12 to married to their 30-year-old cousin than rape and give birth in Israelis hospital mainly treated by Arab Israelis Christian staff. Or Palestinians gay men being abuse and murder in the street women girls being murder in honor murder.
Today in things that never happened and causal racism.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is all fine and dandy taking this quaint moral stand but think of it this way; this isnt going to effect the Sultan in any war, shape or form - not to mentin the only people who could even attempt to boycott these establishments are uber wealthy [thus everyone else has no impact] but... the only people this will effect are the poor sods who work at these establishments on minimum wage.
So my question is this; whats the point? This petulant and meaningless self indulgent whining will have no effect in the real world bar maybe getting hard working people made redundant. Is that really the outcome you are hoping for on an issue that you know nothing about and doesnt really effect you? If so bravo.
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
A lack of funds perhaps?
You too? Together we can pressure them to change their ways :mob:
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ThomH97)
You too? Together we can pressure them to change their ways :mob:
Indeed, i will boycott the blighters until they give me a gratis towel caddy. This barbarism of making me dry my own hands must change!
looloo2134
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Muslim Palestinians (not Christians Palestinians) bring upon themselves by honor murders, child marriage, murdering gay man and 1/2 marriage Muslim Palestinians women abuse by their husband. Why should I have any time for people that behave in that way?
(Original post by Palmyra)
Today in things that never happened and causal racism.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (453)
38%
No - but I will (89)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.57%

Watched Threads