1billion
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have uni exams at the end of May for my “Accounting for Business” unit and my “Finance for Business” unit. These are the first exams I am taking at university level, so I am a bit nervous.

In class I only understand like 5-10% of what they teach mainly because they go to fast due to the content and time (they go through around 15 slides in one hour which is way too fast for me).

Obviously they expect me to read ahead and after but for the past few weeks I’ve been bunking lectures and not paying much attention.

Now, I’m beginning to go over the slides at home and watching YouTube videos to understand the concepts. I’m also practicing questions. But I’m worried that this might not be enough and I might end up giving rubbish answers in the exam.

I know that uni is very important as a degree opens up many doors. So I want to finish my degree with a 2:1 or above.

Any advice?

Thanks.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 1billion)
I have uni exams at the end of May for my “Accounting for Business” unit and my “Finance for Business” unit. These are the first exams I am taking at university level, so I am a bit nervous.

In class I only understand like 5-10% of what they teach mainly because they go to fast due to the content and time (they go through around 15 slides in one hour which is way too fast for me).

Obviously they expect me to read ahead and after but for the past few weeks I’ve been bunking lectures and not paying much attention.

Now, I’m beginning to go over the slides at home and watching YouTube videos to understand the concepts. I’m also practicing questions. But I’m worried that this might not be enough and I might end up giving rubbish answers in the exam.

I know that uni is very important as a degree opens up many doors. So I want to finish my degree with a 2:1 or above.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Prepare for a lecture beforehand , that helps a lot when you have a basis of what they are talking about and the lecture builds on it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.49%
England (143)
34.79%
Belgium (31)
7.54%
Germany (41)
9.98%
Spain (10)
2.43%
Italy (34)
8.27%
Netherlands (14)
3.41%
Other (Tell us who) (25)
6.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise