A-Level Grade Boundaries

Watch this thread
beditness
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I was having a brief check on the grade boundaries last year for AQA Biology, OCR Chemistry and OCR MEI Mathematics and I thought the grade boundaries were really low with the exception of OCR Chemistry.

In my school, the grade boundaries are extremely high such as 92% in order to get an A* in AQA Biology whereas last year, only 69% was required to get an A*. The same applies to OCR MEI Maths as 79% was required to get an A*.

Will the grade boundaries stay around the same limits such as 65-75% for A* in Biology and Maths ?
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by beditness)
I was having a brief check on the grade boundaries last year for AQA Biology, OCR Chemistry and OCR MEI Mathematics and I thought the grade boundaries were really low with the exception of OCR Chemistry.

In my school, the grade boundaries are extremely high such as 92% in order to get an A* in AQA Biology whereas last year, only 69% was required to get an A*. The same applies to OCR MEI Maths as 79% was required to get an A*.

Will the grade boundaries stay around the same limits such as 65-75% for A* in Biology and Maths ?
Grade boundaries are a reflection on the paper and performance of pupils in that year, so comparing year to year is not wholly reliable plus no one can tell you if they will be the same , higher or lower. There are also only a couple of years worth of linear papers so far? Be cautious and its probably not a bad idea to treat them as being higher to give yourself a tougher test just in case.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
20.21%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
11.7%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.32%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (16)
17.02%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (23)
24.47%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
21.28%

Watched Threads