I cheated, should I tell? Watch

Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hope you used protection. Catching an STI/getting the girl knocked would ruin your honorable plans of not telling her.

I would tell you girlfriend. You may be 'lucky' and your girlfriend could be one of those classy birds who would take a cheater back no matter what. It's working out well for Coleen Rooney and that other woman associated with the Duggar family.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
If you want to break up with her, then tell her. If you want to stay together then don't.
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've been in this position and I kept it to myself because I wasn't really all that bothered about the relationship anymore. The guilt did eat me up though. Knowing I was lying through all the fake I love yous, etc. after the point made the fact come out in the end. Cheating surprisingly wasn't the reason we ended though. It was more the catalyst that put things into gear and made us both realize we weren't going to go much further after seven years.
Anonymous #7
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you want to break up with her, then tell her. If you want to stay together then don't.
This is all backwards.

If you want to stay together, you should tell her, for two reasons. First, it's a matter of integrity: what does it say about you if you allegedly care enough about her to want to stay with her, yet you don't respect her enough to tell her the truth about something that goes to the very foundation of the relationship and let her make an informed decision about whether she wants to stay with you? Second, if you don't tell her, you will spend the rest of your time together worrying that she will find out.

If you insist on not telling her, then the decent thing would be to break off the relationship so as not to prolong the deception.
Britishgirl2003
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Tell her man, 100%! the truth always gets out
better from you then someone else
Molseh
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What someone doesn't know cant hurt them...

Unless you got an STD
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Um why are you speaking like being on drugs or drunk is an excuse to cheat on someone cause it literally isn't

there's so much terrible relationship advice on here, I wouldn't be surprised if half the people here were 12
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by ZombieTheWolf; 1 week ago
Paracosm
  • Volunteer Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You need to tell her. I'm sorry, but you have no excuse and you being intoxicated does not make you any less guilty of cheating. You still did it, own up to it.
monkeyman0121
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Tell her. Think of it like the other way around, would you prefer her telling you she cheated as soon as she could since the actual cheating or would you prefer someone telling you half a year later, ruining all of the built up trust and love. (Either way she will lose confidence and trust in you and good luck getting that back because it will either never happen or will take years.)
ZombieTheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Paracosm)
You need to tell her. I'm sorry, but you have no excuse and you being intoxicated does not make you any less guilty of cheating. You still did it, own up to it.
Literally. She's a human being who deserves to be told, how can someone have so little respect and empathy as to not only cheat but also to not tell that person. It's so selfish.
Anonymous #8
Report 1 week ago
You need to tell, it's better to have the truth out then see her everyday and fell guilty. Don't be selfish
yoadzgreen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Subconsciously you made the decision to even engage in that kind of activity with the other person. Maybe you need to start questioning whether being with your girlfriend is truly what you want.
Ravenna
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you have a guilty conscience. If so you probably should. What is it with cheating around here?
:confused::mad::o:E:eek::rolleyes::cool:
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know it will never happen again.
That's what they all say. You didn't think of that when you were jamming your bits in her.
Anonymous #9
Report 1 week ago
It depends on the path you want to take, if you want a relationship built on honesty and trust, tell her, give her time to think about it and ask to rebuild the relationship.

Your other option is to not tell her, in fact forget it ever happened. If someone accuses you, unless they have hard evidence, or support from someone your gf trusts, deny it, deny it, DENY IT. Get yourself checked and make sure you don't give anything to her.
Lady Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Samsam2019)
Telling her will destroy her. He should definitely leave her if he has even a semblance of decency in him, but what would telling her achieve except destroying her? The only situation I would advise him to tell her is regards to her sexual health.

And yeah, OP you are a **** and people like you make other guys look bad.
It’s not any of our decision to make tho, no one should decide on behalf of his gf. Disclosing it is the respectful thing to do and she deserves the truth.

It might destroy her, it might not. Like sinfonietta said, it can be easier to get over a cheater and she shouldn’t waste time wondering if she was the party at fault.
Lefin
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, you should tell her. End of.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you for your advice, I told her.
Anonymous #5
Report 1 week ago
Okay we have to know what happened now...an update perhaps?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Okay we have to know what happened now...an update perhaps?
It’s was messy, really messy. We are going to try and take things slowly and see how’s it goes, but I don’t think she’ll trully be able to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads