Psychiatry requirements Watch

SalmaMohammed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m going to start my first IB year next year .. i want to study medicine at Uni but i knew that if i took Bio and Chem both i wil not be able to study Visual Arts.. so Could i apply to Med school by only taking one science because i really wanna try visual arts
kiragian
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi ,
Yea medicine usually requires HL Bio and Chem. I am taking Visual Arts HL with the combination of Bio HL and Psychology HL and I am able to balance my work. However I can't speak for the double science aspect but if you really like Visual Arts then it would not be to hard for you! I want to study Psychology( not med side) and I study so much for Bio (no joke a lot of memorizations). IB Visual arts is not hard but it has a lot of writings and you usually have to produce 1 artwork per month or in three weeks (if you are in HL) . If you have the passion , don't be afraid do it What is your IB subject combination? If you still have space for SL , maybe you can do SL Art , there's no huge difference between HL and SL it's just the amount of artwork you produce( you have more time in SL ) and the requirement for Comparative study
Last edited by kiragian; 1 month ago
SalmaMohammed
Rep:
?
Hello !! Thanks for replying.. As i said i want to study medicine at university so the problem is that I’m not able to take visual arts because i’m gonna take both sciences Bio and Chem , could i enter medicine with only one science?
(Original post by kiragian)
Hi ,
Yea medicine usually requires HL Bio and Chem. I am taking Visual Arts HL with the combination of Bio HL and Psychology HL and I am able to balance my work. However I can't speak for the double science aspect but if you really like Visual Arts then it would not be to hard for you! I want to study Psychology( not med side) and I study so much for Bio (no joke a lot of memorizations). IB Visual arts is not hard but it has a lot of writings and you usually have to produce 1 artwork per month or in three weeks (if you are in HL) . If you have the passion , don't be afraid do it What is your IB subject combination? If you still have space for SL , maybe you can do SL Art , there's no huge difference between HL and SL it's just the amount of artwork you produce( you have more time in SL ) and the requirement for Comparative study
kiragian
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah UK university generally requires double science higher level. However I’m not quite sure with all the pre med school in UK( if that’s the case). I have a friend in my school ( I’m studying in an international school in the Philippines ) doing seven subjects because she did HL Physics and Computer science ( double science ) and she also did Visual Arts HL . My school has study hall block for IB students and that makes her has no study hall but still able to do visual arts with double science . It’s impossible to enter med school in UK with only one science because they have heavy lab and other requirements. Are you doing diploma or certificate ?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SalmaMohammed
Rep:
?
I’m going to start my ib diploma next year
(Original post by kiragian)
Ah UK university generally requires double science higher level. However I’m not quite sure with all the pre med school in UK( if that’s the case). I have a friend in my school ( I’m studying in an international school in the Philippines ) doing seven subjects because she did HL Physics and Computer science ( double science ) and she also did Visual Arts HL . My school has study hall block for IB students and that makes her has no study hall but still able to do visual arts with double science . It’s impossible to enter med school in UK with only one science because they have heavy lab and other requirements. Are you doing diploma or certificate ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (508)
26.54%
The paper was reasonable (829)
43.31%
Not feeling great about that exam (374)
19.54%
It was TERRIBLE (203)
10.61%

Watched Threads