The Student Room Group

My best female friend wants to get an apartment when we graduate

(I’m a senior in high school) so my best friend wants us to get an apartment when we go to college but she’s a girl. I’m not sexually attracted to her but I’m nervous because it might get awkward or I do something stupid. I don’t have too much time to think about it because graduation is coming up and I gotta focus on passing but I don’t know if I want to do it. I really would like for us to move in together but I don’t know please give me advice
Listen to your gut instinct.
Living in the same apartment as your best friend is not always the 'friends make for the best roommates' experience that tv likes to show.
If you feel very uncomfortable at the thought of sharing a home with your best friend, it probably means that it is not the right option for you.
I've lived in off-campus shared accommodation with lots of people over the last six years: my best friend, the ex-boyfriend, student flatmates studying at other colleges, much older professional housemates.

I've stayed with my best friend's family at their house and rented an apartment with her- we are both girls.
Sharing taught me that I prefer living alone- her other friends were very welcoming but party animals who kept trying to include me and seemed to never sleep.
Living together tests friendships and incompatible tastes often get highlighted when smoking, sex or alcohol are involved.
Tempers can flare up over little things like the washing up, ignoring the cleaning rota or leaving empty sodas and juice cans in the fridge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending