Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So I recently formed Nottingham and I know that accommodation opened a month ago so wasn’t expecting all options to b left. However, I’ve managed to log on and there is literally no en-suites left to choose from, catered or uncatered. Will I be able to change my accommodation after results day if en suites become available??
gabtzi8
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I can answer to your last question. Yes you will be able to do so, as their site says so. But I think we are a bit late. UoN is a big and popular uni, so being 40 days late to submit your application will be a bit unsure even in August.
scorpiorules
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
So - we went to the Offer Holders day last week where we were given a list of the accomodation with prices, all looked great until we happened to overhear a parent saying their son had firmed but couldn't see all the accomodation online. On questioning this we were told they had no ensuites, no shared bathrooms, only studios in the nearest self-catered - you would have to be quite far away to be self-catered. I pointed out that it was unfair you couldn't see this till you firmed and that it was disingenous to hand out "pricelists" for stuff that wasn't available - they should have marked the availability on those lists.

I then asked if you could put yourself on a waitlist for ensuite/shared bathroom - so that when those that had booked accomodation but didn't make their grades you would get reallocated - they said "No" - when a student doesn't take up their place their accomodation is allocated to those who take up a place because Nottingham was their insurance choice and then to those who get places through clearing. So those who already have allocated accomodation will not be allocated somewhere else until all those with insurance and clearing places have theirs allocated. This puts those who were firmed and made their grades below those who didn't?

Its the most unfair system we have come across and not transparent at all - if its indicative of how they allocate resource its a worry. They were same at the open day last year - needed to see Loughborough and Nottingham in one day and they would not "bend" on their system that you had to turn up in person to be allocated a place on a subject lecture and they wouldn't guarantee there would be enough places left if we didn't get there early. We explained there would be only one lecture we could possibly book on but they wouldn't budge so we had to go to Nottingham first - Loughborough "saved" us a place as we explained we couldn't be there first thing but it did mean the day wasn't as useful. I think those sorts of attitudes give you a "flavour" of the organisational culture.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Go for shared then, you will save yourself a fortune and it's really not as bad as people think it is
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
Uni of Notts or Nottingham Trent ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (11)
9.17%
Disagree (6)
5%
Neither agree or disagree (40)
33.33%
Agree (46)
38.33%
Strongly Agree (17)
14.17%

Watched Threads