learn233
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hello,
I was wondering how I can use The Student Room to help me get solutions to difficult questions, I do science and maths at a level and asking my teachers at school is sometimes difficult and dragging.

I check mark schemes and stuff but they are quite brief and not always useful. Sometimes I find the solutions online at TSR but not enough of the times. How can I get solutions to difficult questions most of the time because I do STEM subjects and they are quite specific?
The questions that I do have been answered before so why is it so difficult to find solutions online?
begbie68
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Post the question. Best to make it a photo of the textbook, and one that is clear to read.
Add to this your working so far, and explain what you've done.
Many posts here try to identify what the issue is. That's helpful to those trying to help.

Checking MS is often useful, but I know the issues you point out.
The reason why many of these solutions are NOT online is because a) such questions are usually quite specific and so do not contain general learning points which might be covered in other examples more easily; & b) these types of questions are there for you to learn to solve problems, and you will not learn to solve problems by reading somebody else's solution.
(Original post by learn233)
Hello,
I was wondering how I can use The Student Room to help me get solutions to difficult questions, I do science and maths at a level and asking my teachers at school is sometimes difficult and dragging.

I check mark schemes and stuff but they are quite brief and not always useful. Sometimes I find the solutions online at TSR but not enough of the times. How can I get solutions to difficult questions most of the time because I do STEM subjects and they are quite specific?
The questions that I do have been answered before so why is it so difficult to find solutions online?
learn233
Rep:
?
How do I post parts of questions on The Student Room such as graphs which need to be looked at or photos from my computer? And how often do you think I will get help if I do post questions?
(Original post by begbie68)
Post the question. Best to make it a photo of the textbook, and one that is clear to read.
Add to this your working so far, and explain what you've done.
Many posts here try to identify what the issue is. That's helpful to those trying to help.

Checking MS is often useful, but I know the issues you point out.
The reason why many of these solutions are NOT online is because a) such questions are usually quite specific and so do not contain general learning points which might be covered in other examples more easily; & b) these types of questions are there for you to learn to solve problems, and you will not learn to solve problems by reading somebody else's solution.
begbie68
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Take a screenshot, or photo and upload it one here.
I do this by inserting image onto a word doc, saving the word doc, then attach file to my post.
There are other ways of uploading, and I'm sure you'll find instructions how to do this somewhere on the site ...

Have a look through maths a-level posts, and I'd be surprised if you find one without some sort of response (usually helpful!)
How do I post parts of questions on The Student Room such as graphs which need to be looked at or photos from my computer? And how often do you think I will get help if I do post questions?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
If you post questions in the right subject forum with your ideas of how it should be answered or showing what you have tried that hasn't worked you can expect lots of helpful answers.
If you post questions without any show of effort on your part to do them you can expect to be largely ignored.
learn233
Rep:
?
Thanks for your info but I still don't know how I can post questions with things like graphs on the thread because the app on my phone doesn't seem to allow me to take a photo and I don't know how I might use the camera on my laptop?
(Original post by gdunne42)
If you post questions in the right subject forum with your ideas of how it should be answered or showing what you have tried that hasn't worked you can expect lots of helpful answers.
If you post questions without any show of effort on your part to do them you can expect to be largely ignored.
Fullsend
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Use this website https://imgur.com/Install their app on your phone. Take a pic from the app and a link will be generated. Post that link here so that people can have access to your questions. Easy peasy lemon squeezy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (66)
23.4%
No (216)
76.6%

Watched Threads