OCR A level Geography 2019 Discussion Watch

emmaclark12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya! Just thought I'd open up a discussion page on what we think might come up in this years geography OCR A-level exam

The topics that I'm studying are glaciers, physical systems, space and place, global governance and migration, tectonics and disease.
OliviaG2442
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Great idea!

I'm studying coasts, natural hazards, changing spaces; making places, earth's life support systems, disease, human rights and migration
ZAAzzzz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
guys what does 'marine deposition' mean in the coasts spec and also does marine processes refer to LSD and constructive and destructive processes
Khushi.S
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Have you guys seen last year's paper 1?? It was so horrible, the glaciation 16 marker was on ICE SHEETS and physical factors that influence it?! Also, the 8 marker was about glaciers as a system. The ELSS wasn't too bad except that there was a lot to actually say and I almost didn't finish...
Do you have to include everything on the markscheme for AO1, I included 3 things for the 16 markers but then developed them quite a bit so would that mean I get like 5-7/8 for knowledge or only 3/8?
emmaclark12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Yeah! Last years paper for glaciation was awful.. at least they won't ask about ice sheets this year! I feel like periglacial landscapes might come up (i.e pingos or patterned ground) or maybe glacio-fluvial landforms?
You don't have to include everything on the mark scheme for AO1 but there should be a sufficient amount of AO1 that is mentioned in the mark scheme to be given a good grade. AO2 is slightly more important but of course don't forget the basics

(Original post by Khushi.S)
Have you guys seen last year's paper 1?? It was so horrible, the glaciation 16 marker was on ICE SHEETS and physical factors that influence it?! Also, the 8 marker was about glaciers as a system. The ELSS wasn't too bad except that there was a lot to actually say and I almost didn't finish...
Do you have to include everything on the markscheme for AO1, I included 3 things for the 16 markers but then developed them quite a bit so would that mean I get like 5-7/8 for knowledge or only 3/8?
Khushi.S
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by emmaclark12)
Yeah! Last years paper for glaciation was awful.. at least they won't ask about ice sheets this year! I feel like periglacial landscapes might come up (i.e pingos or patterned ground) or maybe glacio-fluvial landforms?
You don't have to include everything on the mark scheme for AO1 but there should be a sufficient amount of AO1 that is mentioned in the mark scheme to be given a good grade. AO2 is slightly more important but of course don't forget the basics
Periglacial is probably the way to go tbh, it will hopefully be something standard like the to what extent does human activity influence periglaciated systems or something along the lines of the impact being greater on periglacial than glacial systems.
I really hope that the ELSS is a little more niche this year, there was just too much to write about in last years 16 marker... I have a feeling that they might ask about the physical factors influencing the water or carbon cycles in either of the rainforest or the tundra... that would be nice
niyah2001
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
For the ELSS 10 marker does anyone know the mark allocation?
As in the SAMs, OCR allocated 6 marks for A01 and 4 marks for A02 but in the 2018 paper they allocated 5 marks for A01 and 5 marks for A02
emmaclark12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
I think it just depends on the question. If it seems like more of a 'describe' type question then the mark allocation would probably be predominantly AO1 but if it's more of an 'explain' type question then more marks would go to AO2.
(Original post by shreyakochhar)
For the ELSS 10 marker does anyone know the mark allocation?
As in the SAMs, OCR allocated 6 marks for A01 and 4 marks for A02 but in the 2018 paper they allocated 5 marks for A01 and 5 marks for A02
cruuuuuud
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
3 days left
emmaclark12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 hours ago
Honestly, I've never felt less prepared for an exam... so bad!
(Original post by cruuuuuud)
3 days left
cruuuuuud
Rep:
?
Report 3 hours ago
downt to 2 days I RECKON WE WILL ALL BE FINE THE GEO GODS will bless us
(Original post by emmaclark12)
Honestly, I've never felt less prepared for an exam... so bad!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (193)
22.49%
The paper was reasonable (360)
41.96%
Not feeling great about that exam... (168)
19.58%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
15.97%

Watched Threads