The Student Room Group

Is pharmacology competitive?

Is it? In comparison to other scientific courses such as chemistry biology medicine biomedical sciences etc. How competitive is it?
In schools that allow you to warp it into a full med degree, yes, very. Or if they have a grad medicine degree with something like guaranteed interview for their successful undergrad, bloodshed.
I found it isn't very competitive but it depends where you go honestly. It's probably on par with biology and biomedicine.

Then chemistry is the next most competitive.

By far medicine is the most competitive as there are usually several stages to get through (Entrance tests, interview, then high grades unless they're reduced).
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi, I've moved your thread to the Biological and Life Sciences courses forum, which includes pharmacology :smile:

In general, it's not particularly more competitive than any given bioscience degree offered by that university; pharmacology at UCL or KCL is likely to be more competitive than at a university which is considered less prestigious, but I would be surprised if Pharmacology at UCL was significantly more or less competitive than e.g. Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry etc.

It will of course be less competitive than medicine, except perhaps e.g. via Natural Sciences at Cambridge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending