I don’t know what to do Watch

emma.mae
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am coming to the end of 2 years at college and I have no intentions on perusing a career in the subject I have chosen (travel - e.g travel agent etc) I figured that I’d made the wrong subject choice at college about 6 months ago.. I have always wanted to do something creative, but I didn’t take a creative subject such as art or media when I left school because a lot of people from my school were taking those courses and I really wanted to get away from them all (bad time at school), I literally have no idea what career path to take, pls give me some creative job/apprenticeship ideas??
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Maybe get a job/apprenticeship first then decide if you're ready for higher education. Don't make the same mistake as last time.

As for ideas, well, it has to come from you first. If you're stuck, go on job sites or attend careers fairs
nintysixthousand
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
what creative things are you into? you could try a foundation art course then go to uni. or there are a lot of apprenticeships in the creative media field if you look on the careers website of BBC, channel 4, Viacom. what field are you interested in?
emma.mae
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Thanks a lot, creative media mostly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (106)
34.08%
No I don't (143)
45.98%
I work during the holidays (62)
19.94%

Watched Threads