The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Religious Studies J625 13th and 20th May 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
any predicted topics to come up
OMFG I'm getting really scaredd noww! I don't know **** about Eschatological Beliefs for Christianity of Muslims! If that comes up - i'm fckn dead. It don't make sense to me.
Reply 22
Good luck everyone! :hugs:
Reply 23
Forgot what khutbah and eid ghadeer is !! And what on earth was that 15 marker on fair and just?
Reply 24
The Christianity paper was pretty fair tho? Counting on ethics to carry my grade though :/
Original post by justyouravgkid
OMFG I'm getting really scaredd noww! I don't know **** about Eschatological Beliefs for Christianity of Muslims! If that comes up - i'm fckn dead. It don't make sense to me.

came up aswell :///
I found I struggled with the Easter/Christmas one plus’s the way belief/practice questions were mixed up threw about half of my class - so even that (which I was def relying on) wasn’t great! 🙃😔
Original post by m2b
The Christianity paper was pretty fair tho? Counting on ethics to carry my grade though :/
Also anyone for Buddhism?? a rain retreat? Six marks on a rain retreat??
any unofficial mark schemes?

plus who did judaism?
How did everyone find the re exam today I thought it was alright actually I did Islam and Christianity The Lord’s Prayer question threw me off though
Reply 30
I did, the synagogue 🕍 and temple question threw me off
Original post by angry ape.30
any unofficial mark schemes?

plus who did judaism?
Original post by Stressed_789
How did everyone find the re exam today I thought it was alright actually I did Islam and Christianity The Lord’s Prayer question threw me off though

what spec?
What did u put for the synagogue and temple question
Specification A
Reply 34
God as fair and just what did you guys put?
Original post by Nades
I did, the synagogue 🕍 and temple question threw me off

SAME I had no idea what to write
same, my teacher said you had to write about how god recovered to temple, you can link that to Hannukah. You should also write about how god was present in both of them. not too sure tho
Original post by jess654321
SAME I had no idea what to write
For Abraham question, I wrote about the promised land + brit milah. For shabbat 15 marker, I talked about reform/orthodox views and how they interpret 'rest'.

For easter/xmas question I talked about jesus' death atonement theories. importance of life after death- liberals see it as mythical, catholics - real
So for the fair and just Islam question I write about judgment day and him being fair and that Muslims understand that everything that happens is for a reason as allah is just and then I wrote about how allah could be interpreted as omnibenevolent and omniscient and omnipotent and that it was more important to view allah in this way as humans can be just and fair where as they can’t be all knowing and all powerful etc
I also tripped up on the khutbar question and just wrote 6 random reasons why they would find this thing important - I’ve been told it’s sermon too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending