The Student Room Group

Struggling to learn everything I have to

I have been a student nurse since January and after my first placement, I just dont think I have what it takes to finish my degree?
I really want to be a nurse and enjoy helping others but I just think there is so much to learn. The anatomy etc just seems too hard for me. And all the diseases I have to learn too? I dont know if I am capable to learn the human body in the detail I am expected to.
Can anyone advise me?
Original post by spatton3
I have been a student nurse since January and after my first placement, I just dont think I have what it takes to finish my degree?
I really want to be a nurse and enjoy helping others but I just think there is so much to learn. The anatomy etc just seems too hard for me. And all the diseases I have to learn too? I dont know if I am capable to learn the human body in the detail I am expected to.
Can anyone advise me?

What makes you think you don't have what it takes?

You aren't expected to (and couldn't possibly) know everything you need to know about anatomy and pathophysiology on your first placement. You are attending the university and these placements in order to learn these (among other things). Have you discussed this with your mentor? Are they happy with your knowledge so far and your keenness to learn?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending