The Student Room Group

Brexit - remain

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Neilos
The idea of Leave = racism and intolerance was largely created by the Remain campaign to try to push people away from voting 'with that sort of person'...

They didn't really need to, the leave camp did a good job of that themselves:

And let's not forget this lovely pack of lies:

Original post by Dez
They didn't really need to, the leave camp did a good job of that themselves:

And let's not forget this lovely pack of lies:

Still only seeing one side of the lies I see! btw remainers if you call that UKIP poster acting xenophobic, then remainers are equally as guilty now towards trading with the rest of the world!

There is nothing racist or xenophobic about wanting to control something. Wanting a democratic system that is directly responsible to the electorate! We unlike some of our European partners are not so used to dictatorships!
Original post by Lairy_Fights
If a second vote was to happen late next year then I would definitely vote remain. That age-old mindset that dates before the 50's and 60's of isolation and nationalism sort of scares me as an ethnic minority. Why does independence sound more appealing that unity for some people? To work as a collective seems so much better, healthier and easier for us all, but I think some fear the aspect of sharing the rewards of what we make as a collective. I live in such a welcoming, multi-cultural city up north and I would hate to see it ripped apart with things such as "You don't belong in this country, go back to where you came from" or "You're all stealing our jobs and our healthcare system" etc etc. I just pray that, even if the world laughs at us for not accomplishing what was promised, that we can one day come together as a country and not divided with 'stay' or 'leave'. It seems way too ambitious, but one has to be in this day and age.

The continent is moving towards the 'right' and they are trying to take over the EU from within, be careful what you wish for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending