The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ooo yes just wrote a comparison essay on climbing my grandfather, but iv learned to not trust predictions cus with what happened on paper 1.
Original post by rf14
yeah i think eden rock will come up , or climbing my grandfather
Reply 81
yeah idk i feel like it will be a family poem this year but theres no way to predict it really, just have a feeling ,, cmg is good bc of its structure and also how well it compares to follower
Original post by HateSchx
ooo yes just wrote a comparison essay on climbing my grandfather, but iv learned to not trust predictions cus with what happened on paper 1.
Ikrrr and there is still a different to state. But Mother, any distance was a family poem and then the year after was romantic love. There hasn't been one for like unrequited love yet. O well I'm still revising all.
Original post by rf14
yeah idk i feel like it will be a family poem this year but theres no way to predict it really, just have a feeling ,, cmg is good bc of its structure and also how well it compares to follower
I’m listening to the audiobook on YouTube then writing down key quotes I find fit themes
do you think just watching the mr bruff analysis is enough to be able to answer the poetry questions well? I'm aiming 7/8/9 but there's so many poems and I'm so overwhelmed I don't know what to do
Yes and Stacey Reay. Make notes then practice essays on the notes you made. You still have time. I'm doing the same thing rn! You don't need to know much about the poems just like 4 good solid points to compare. I wasted so much time revising every single point
Original post by maniccrammer
do you think just watching the mr bruff analysis is enough to be able to answer the poetry questions well? I'm aiming 7/8/9 but there's so many poems and I'm so overwhelmed I don't know what to do
Original post by HateSchx
Yes and Stacey Reay. Make notes then practice essays on the notes you made. You still have time. I'm doing the same thing rn! You don't need to know much about the poems just like 4 good solid points to compare. I wasted so much time revising every single point

ok thanks, whoever thought 15 poems was a good idea clearly doesn't know any teenagers
Reply 87
lots of the marks for the anthology question are for comparisons so as long as you know key themes for the poems and be able to make links between poems with similar themes, as well as pointing out any differences, you should be fine. While analysis is ofc v important the question word is compare so it's good to know just a few poems well that can be compared fairly universally if you're struggling with remembering all 15 poems, but make sure you've at least briefly looked over each poem in case it comes up so you don't end up treating it like an unseen
Ikrr and odd number? Like this is comparisons stop making our lives difficult so that we have to link 3 poems.
ok thanks, whoever thought 15 poems was a good idea clearly doesn't know any teenagers
thanks. what do you think is the best way to practise comparing them or even the best way to compare them in the first place? My teacher never talks about how to answer the question she just does each poem on its own and then throws an essay at us so no one really knows what to do
Original post by rf14
lots of the marks for the anthology question are for comparisons so as long as you know key themes for the poems and be able to make links between poems with similar themes, as well as pointing out any differences, you should be fine. While analysis is ofc v important the question word is compare so it's good to know just a few poems well that can be compared fairly universally if you're struggling with remembering all 15 poems, but make sure you've at least briefly looked over each poem in case it comes up so you don't end up treating it like an unseen
Original post by Lighthouse3050
Power came up last year or the year before. Unlikely they'd do it again this year. My guess would be a poem about memories or identity, like The Emigree and Poppies.

i agree, i was just saying what the question would probably be if it was tissue. war and power already came up, so memories/identity with emigree/poppies or maybe power of nature with exposure/prelude is pretty likely.
You can compare Tissue to London. They both criticize human power. I watched Mr Bruff about it. He gave a point 2 evidences from each poem then explained. Then another point with 2 evidences from each poem and explanation. He gave some context as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb6qma7vV8c The video is really good and he uses good explanations :smile:
Original post by blonded88
What do you compare tissues to though, and what would be the question??
I think it’ll be Sammy or the narrator for the character question and maybe fate or like crime and violence for the theme because they haven’t come up yet 🤷*♀️
Original post by blonded88
Any predictions for Blood Brothers?
Reply 93
what order are you going to answer the paper? like in the order the paper is written or are you going to do a different order?
i'm going to anthology question, then modern text question and then the unseen questions; only bc i i can't remember poetry and want to have as much of it in my head when i'm answering the question instead of forgetting it as i write aic answer
does anyone know what the past questions were on Lord of the Flies and if anyone can predict any questions?
any predictions for love and relationships????
Reply 96
2017: Ralph as a leader/ human nature
2018: Simon as different from the other boys on the island/ importance of the Beast to different characters
i don't do this text but i don't think you can make accurate predictions as theres only been 2 past papers/it's a new gcse
Original post by Bahamas
does anyone know what the past questions were on Lord of the Flies and if anyone can predict any questions?
Reply 97
For Lord of the Flies, Piggy or Roger could come up for the character questions. The theme questions could be about death, masks/clothing in LOTF, or how the island is portrayed.
Reply 98
not much to predict from but i feel like it will be eden rock or climbing my grandfather , i think they're going to choose more difficult poems for p2 considering most of the questions in p1 were relatively straightforward/answerable
Original post by aneeqahussainxx
any predictions for love and relationships????
ok cool thanks
Original post by rf14
not much to predict from but i feel like it will be eden rock or climbing my grandfather , i think they're going to choose more difficult poems for p2 considering most of the questions in p1 were relatively straightforward/answerable

Latest

Trending

Trending