noraelfatmi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well!

I’m an italian student currently living in France, I applied to some universities in London for Business and Management degrees and I got accepted in all of them. That’s great but it makes it harder to make a decision. My top two are Queen Mary and the University of West London. Do you have any advices or suggestions? I really need to make a decisions and to be sure of it!

Thank you and good luck to everyone!
w_sab
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey,I'm currently studying at Queen Mary as a Business Management student. I can definitely recommend QM as personally I quite like it here. However, I don't know much about the Uni of West London so can't say what its like there.
noraelfatmi
Rep:
?
Thank you, I appreciate it!
Can I ask you how you find the course? How many hours of lessons you have per week? Any info that could help me in some way?
w_sab
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry for the late reply I haven’t been on tsr recently.

I really like the course at QM as the modules are diverse. For example in first year we had modules like accounting, economics and marketing. If you haven’t studied these modules previously then a little extra effort to learn the concepts might be necessary. Ofcourse a little help from YouTube goes a long way in helping you learn. In second and third year there are no compulsory modules and instead we have an ample number of modules to choose from so you can tailor your degree as you want for e.g. more quantitative based.

In regards to the number of hours for each module we have 1 hour lecture and 1 hour seminar. Having 4 modules per term that equals to 8 hours of teaching per week. To be honest this doesn’t seem like much and I wish teaching hours were longer for some modules but I think other unis follow a similar pattern. But, If you ever need help with the course then your lecturers are always there to help you and during the exam/ essay deadlines some even extend their office hours to try and offer plenty of help.

On a side note the pastoral care from what I have so far seen at the school of business and management is reassuring especially as some may find it hard to adjust to their new life at university. For example there are workshops set up specifically for business management students in regards to essay writings and quantitative modules.

Although the Mile End Location where is located is not very visually appealing which might be off putting for some, the university is kind of it’s own place as it is a campus university. So it’s really nice to have everything you need on campus such as different cafes, accommodation, grocery shop and even a Santander bank branch.

All in all, the course is very diverse, sometimes challenging but in a good way. By the way sorry for the long message I just wrote down everything I could think of because I can understand what you’re going through especially as I was in the same situation last year and I really hope I’m not too late with my reply. Anyways good luck with your decision as I’m sure whatever you chose will turn out to be okay x
noraelfatmi
Rep:
?
No worries for the late and I can’t thank you enough for your time and your words! I really appreciate it! That definetly helped me a lot!
Thank you again and I hope you will succeed in the best way in you plans and project!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.99%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.13%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (30)
16.13%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (28)
15.05%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (50)
26.88%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (35)
18.82%

Watched Threads