The Student Room Group

Classical Studies and Theology or Law at Exeter University? All advice welcome

About me and Law- I have done Law to level 4 before and have done well as well as working as a mortgage consultant at a bank. So clear career progression for Law

About me and classics and theology- I have been a youth leader at my church doing bible teachings. I did really well at religious studies in education. I love novels by authors such as c.s Lewis , j r Tolkien. I love their Tolkien's use of ancient languages and it inspire me. My biggest dream has been to be an author since a young age.

Why Law - Being a barrister seems intellectually stimulating it gives you the opportunity to help people and pays well.

Why classics and theology - I have the possibility of being a youth leader in the future. i have the possibility of being a theology teacher in the future. I would love to be a professor in either of these areas. I have the possibility of learning information that will help me publish great novels. The classics department is ranked 5 in the UK and the theology is ranked 4 respectively.

Why not Law- unlikely to fulfill my dreams of being an author and im happier being a youth leader or theology teacher but both don't pay aswell. My personality is much more suited to religious and classical areas. i.e im friendly outgoing loving good with people. Im not often mean or cold. i guess i have a soft soul ill admit.

Why not Classics and theology- It's not full classics degree which could be looked down upon. I haven't done Latin or Greek at a level QUESTION: would i even be able to go into ma and then become an academic with a classical studies rather than classics degree.? It's neither one nor the other. I might not get paid well by the end.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending