English Lit Revision GCSE 2019 Watch

studyingpeach
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi everyone
I'm on AQA for English Lit and I do Jane Eyre, Lord of the Flies, Power and Conflict and Romeo and Juliet
I'm aiming for a 9 and I'm really motivated to get one - I'm definitely ready to put in the work
How exactly would you recommend revising for any of the books - I'm just a bit worried that I won't have enough time to make notes, learn them, do practice essays and make essay plans. So does anyone have any tips?
Sorry for such a long question - I'm new on TSR
Rach128
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Im in exactly the same position as you!!! im picking out three quotes for each character/poem, and if you have time sort out three quotes for all the themes too (you only do that for texts). For this though, definitely try to reuse quotes from your character quotes and see if they fit into your theme categories and this way you will have less quotes to remember. If you can, do one or two practice essays a week until your exams too remember to do some bits on context and structure too, but learn this by watching videos for instance, in the bath or walking to school, so you are not taking time out of your day to do those bits. Sorry if I missed anything! good luck
tanteseo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Seneca is quite useful for getting the bare basics of the set texts memorised and them watch the grade 9 videos on youtube- practise essays are a must at this point
studyingpeach
Rep:
?
Thank you for the tips! For my Eng Lit paper 2 mock I did do a very similar method for poetry and it worked so it's very reassuring to see that it's worked for others as well!
(Original post by Rach128)
Im in exactly the same position as you!!! im picking out three quotes for each character/poem, and if you have time sort out three quotes for all the themes too (you only do that for texts). For this though, definitely try to reuse quotes from your character quotes and see if they fit into your theme categories and this way you will have less quotes to remember. If you can, do one or two practice essays a week until your exams too remember to do some bits on context and structure too, but learn this by watching videos for instance, in the bath or walking to school, so you are not taking time out of your day to do those bits. Sorry if I missed anything! good luck
studyingpeach
Rep:
?
Thank you! Just out of interest, do you know any websites / youtube channels with lots of practice questions or with some really good grade 9 content? I've tried mr bruff and mr salles but for Lord of the Flies it just won't click.
(Original post by tanteseo)
Seneca is quite useful for getting the bare basics of the set texts memorised and them watch the grade 9 videos on youtube- practise essays are a must at this point
Rach128
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by studyingpeach)
Thank you! Just out of interest, do you know any websites / youtube channels with lots of practice questions or with some really good grade 9 content? I've tried mr bruff and mr salles but for Lord of the Flies it just won't click.
I dont know for certain if she does lord of the flies, but I really like Stacey Reay. she does some really good analysis!
studyingpeach
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rach128)
I dont know for certain if she does lord of the flies, but I really like Stacey Reay. she does some really good analysis!
I'll definitely check out her channel! Thank you
IsMo987
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi everyone
I'm on AQA for English Lit and I do Jane Eyre, Lord of the Flies, Power and Conflict and Romeo and Juliet
I'm aiming for a 9 and I'm really motivated to get one - I'm definitely ready to put in the work
How exactly would you recommend revising for any of the books - I'm just a bit worried that I won't have enough time to make notes, learn them, do practice essays and make essay plans. So does anyone have any tips?
Hi i am aiming for a grade 9 as well what notes fo you have on Jane eyre so far
studyingpeach
Rep:
?
(Original post by IsMo987)
Hi i am aiming for a grade 9 as well what notes fo you have on Jane eyre so far
Not many on Jane Eyre right now because I'm working on LOTF but I'm just using my class notes and Mr Bruff at the moment
IsMo987
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Not many on Jane Eyre right now because I'm working on LOTF but I'm just using my class notes and Mr Bruff at the moment
Oh what’s Mr Bruff lol
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
studyingpeach
Rep:
?
Oh what’s Mr Bruff lol
he does videos for eng lit on youtube
IsMo987
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi everyone
What do you think the question in Jane eyre is going to be
studyingpeach
Rep:
?
What do you think the question in Jane eyre is going to be
I'm really not that sure - what do you think the question is going to be?
IsMo987
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm really not that sure - what do you think the question is going to be?
I’m not sure lol do you know what came up last year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (164)
17.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (82)
8.72%
No I am happy with my course choice (560)
59.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (134)
14.26%

Watched Threads