Study Time Watch

flopsypopsy1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Ok so, during the Easter Holidays I have been studying for about 5-6 hours a day, maybe 7 on a good day. My friends insist its too much, my parents say its not enough. I feel fine, I'm stressed but not pressured, and I'm just following the timetable i made.

DO you think that's too much in a day for just your Nat5's?
DrawTheLine
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by flopsypopsy1)
Ok so, during the Easter Holidays I have been studying for about 5-6 hours a day, maybe 7 on a good day. My friends insist its too much, my parents say its not enough. I feel fine, I'm stressed but not pressured, and I'm just following the timetable i made.

It is too much if the revision is not effective. It's fine if it is.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
nat5dawg
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by flopsypopsy1)

There is no set amount of hours that a person should revise for each day.

It's about quality - not quantity. I've had days where I've only studied 1 hour of a subject, but learned more than when I sat and did it the day before for 3+ hours.

On study leave/easter last year for my Nat5's, I was aiming for 7 hours a day. Some days I just burned out after 3/4 hours and took the day off. However, some days I managed to exceed 7 hours. It just depends on how you feel.

The point is: quality over quantity. I find that actually setting out a target to complete for that day, in that subject, rather than setting a time limit works effectively. For example, instead of saying "I will study 2 hours of Physics today.", I say "Today I want to revise notes and do practice questions on red shift" and set a minimum time limit of 2 ish hours.

To answer your question though - if you know that you are revising effectively, then why not stick to the 5-7 hours a day you are currently doing. But, if you feel that you aren't revising as well as you should - make sure to change that.

Good luck with your exams
scottishst25
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Personally I think that’s a bit excessive for National 5s, but if you feel you can do that much and have the revision remain effective then it can’t hurt.
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by nat5dawg)
There is no set amount of hours that a person should revise for each day.

It's about quality - not quantity. I've had days where I've only studied 1 hour of a subject, but learned more than when I sat and did it the day before for 3+ hours.

On study leave/easter last year for my Nat5's, I was aiming for 7 hours a day. Some days I just burned out after 3/4 hours and took the day off. However, some days I managed to exceed 7 hours. It just depends on how you feel.

The point is: quality over quantity. I find that actually setting out a target to complete for that day, in that subject, rather than setting a time limit works effectively. For example, instead of saying "I will study 2 hours of Physics today.", I say "Today I want to revise notes and do practice questions on red shift" and set a minimum time limit of 2 ish hours.

To answer your question though - if you know that you are revising effectively, then why not stick to the 5-7 hours a day you are currently doing. But, if you feel that you aren't revising as well as you should - make sure to change that.

Good luck with your exams
Great advice here PRSOM
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (376)
37.49%
No - but I will (76)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (480)
47.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed