The Student Room Group

Are revision classes by teachers an effective method of revision?

A lot of my teachers are doing revision classes over Easter and i'm thinking of going to them. I know everyone revises differently but are they effective to you or is independent revision better?
(edited 5 years ago)
I would say (as a general piece of advice) to go. You have 2 weeks of potential individual revision- giving up even half is fine. If you think you know the content and fully understand it all, then don't bother. But a free tutor (albeit shared)? Sounds great.

Even if you are getting 9s across, I'd still say to spend a few of your hours there.
Some are really useful and do like a masterclass of the whole subject, whereas some are just a waste of time. It really depends on the teacher who's running it, but at least going in makes sure that you'll be productive for at least a few hours a day :smile:
GO!!
I think you should definitely go. You can revise independently anytime but its still worth to make use of these revision classes. because when you are revising in class by doing past papers for example. when you mark that past paper and get some questions wrong. you can ask teacher to explain to you what you got wrong. this way, by learning the question you got wrong on the spot you will be more likely to remember that information.

Quick Reply

Latest