The Student Room Group

What body fat percentage do I look like?

So rn I'm quite ripped but I'm not sure what body percentage I am my abs are quite defined but not washboard ie less than 9% so I've estimated myself to be 12% but what would you estimate me to be? I'm cutting rn BTW hoping to get to less than 10% by mid june
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

pics?

nohomo
Reply 3
As a scientist, body fat percentage is really stupid. It does not take into account the minute aspects of bone density, tissue assimilation, and fat metabolism.

Nonetheless, you can measure your body fat percentage directly by a tape measure. It Is impossible to tell the diameter of your waist by a superficial glance.
Here's another shot
Original post by skrrrrrr
As a scientist, body fat percentage is really stupid. It does not take into account the minute aspects of bone density, tissue assimilation, and fat metabolism.

Nonetheless, you can measure your body fat percentage directly by a tape measure. It Is impossible to tell the diameter of your waist by a superficial glance.

How do you work it out? Aside from bone density it's a good way for athletes and bodybuilders to measure how ripped they are I think
You have a weird belly button lol
Google "body fat calculator" and go from there
I think you're about right you look around 11.5 to 12.5 your abs are defo visible but not washboard like you said
lol- exactly what i thought
Original post by ----_----
Reply 10
Honestly I think you’re around 8-9%, you’re abs are as viable as they are going to get as they are fairly small (no offence), people are ripped look so as they have large muscles and this isn’t the case here.
Original post by Mixedraceguy
How do you work it out? Aside from bone density it's a good way for athletes and bodybuilders to measure how ripped they are I think

Yes, you are quite right! Its all that our dumb society relies on.
It is also a good way to indoctrinate a variety of health disorders such as body dysmorphia and bulimia.
A skinny boi is not necessarily a healthy boi.
Original post by ----_----

Sound 😂😂
Original post by bob981
Honestly I think you’re around 8-9%, you’re abs are as viable as they are going to get as they are fairly small (no offence), people are ripped look so as they have large muscles and this isn’t the case here.

So I should bulk soon then cut again?
abs aren't that visable
Reply 16
Original post by Mixedraceguy
So I should bulk soon then cut again?

Yes if you want your abs to look bigger, they are defined but just not very big so I’d get back in the gym and start to some training! As a PT I think people are obsessed with abs, for me I had no interest in building big strong and defined abs until I had a good physique in all other main body parts. Abs are also the most boring to train in my opinion
Original post by I'mComingOxford
abs aren't that visable

Yeah I agree, they're getting more visible each week as I cut I've just gotta cut down on my cheat meals I think
Between 10-15%

You should focus on lean bulk for overall aesthetics abs are overrated
Original post by SuperHuman98
Between 10-15%

You should focus on lean bulk for overall aesthetics abs are overrated

Lean bulk protein supplements?

Quick Reply

Latest