Help with a girl I’m interested in... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I attend a guitar group once every week, it’s a small organisation and I have been going there for a long time. There is a girl there who has been going as long as me and I would really like to get to know her better. However, apart from the occasional bit of small talk, I never really get the chance to have an interesting conversation with her, so I don’t really know her very well. I am also quite shy, and so I can never find it in me to start to talk to her. Also, with it being a guitar group there isn’t really an ideal time to have a chat with her, as we are either playing songs or helping to tune up guitars of some of the younger students. She is also just over a year older than me, so I’m not sure if that will really make much of a difference or not. I only see her once a week and I would really like to have a stronger connection with her. What do you guys think I should do? I have never really asked anyone out before and I don’t want to make it awkward between us, but I suppose there isn’t really anything to lose. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do and say?
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Strategy 1: "Wait and hope" by far the least soul destroying. Do nothing and hope she's interested in you and makes the first move.
Chance of success : 1/10

Strategy 2: "Yr 9 method" Get a friend to tell one of her friends that you're into her.
Chance of success : 4/10 Cost - your self-respect

Strategy 3: "Direct Method" Tell her you're going to x, and say she should come along.
Chance of success : 7/10 but you're shy and can't talk to girls, so in reality 2/10.

Strategy 4 : "Just be yourself" recommended by 100% of women
Chance of success : 0/10

Strategy 5 : "Works in the movies" Write her a series of anonymous notes and leave it for her somewhere she will get it - and see if you get replies.
Chance of success : 3.5/10 she will think it's cool. 6.5/10 super creepy.

Strategy 6 : "Surefire loser" Make friends with her.
Chance of intimate relationship : 0/10
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Trinculo)
Strategy 1: "Wait and hope" by far the least soul destroying. Do nothing and hope she's interested in you and makes the first move.
Chance of success : 1/10

Strategy 2: "Yr 9 method" Get a friend to tell one of her friends that you're into her.
Chance of success : 4/10 Cost - your self-respect

Strategy 3: "Direct Method" Tell her you're going to x, and say she should come along.
Chance of success : 7/10 but you're shy and can't talk to girls, so in reality 2/10.

Strategy 4 : "Just be yourself" recommended by 100% of women
Chance of success : 0/10

Strategy 5 : "Works in the movies" Write her a series of anonymous notes and leave it for her somewhere she will get it - and see if you get replies.
Chance of success : 3.5/10 she will think it's cool. 6.5/10 super creepy.

Strategy 6 : "Surefire loser" Make friends with her.
Chance of intimate relationship : 0/10
Whilst I appreciate your response, this doesn’t really help me. I am not scared of women and I am not incapable of having a conversation. Perhaps I didn’t word my question very well but my issue is that I don’t know how to take things from my current situation with her. I want her number without coming across as creepy so that it is easier to talk to her instead of only talking once a week. What you basically are saying is that I have no chance with her, and considering you don’t actually know me as a person then that’s quite rude tbh. Does anyone have any other advice?
Anonymous #1
Anyone have any advice?
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I attend a guitar group once every week, it’s a small organisation and I have been going there for a long time. There is a girl there who has been going as long as me and I would really like to get to know her better. However, apart from the occasional bit of small talk, I never really get the chance to have an interesting conversation with her, so I don’t really know her very well. I am also quite shy, and so I can never find it in me to start to talk to her. Also, with it being a guitar group there isn’t really an ideal time to have a chat with her, as we are either playing songs or helping to tune up guitars of some of the younger students. She is also just over a year older than me, so I’m not sure if that will really make much of a difference or not. I only see her once a week and I would really like to have a stronger connection with her. What do you guys think I should do? I have never really asked anyone out before and I don’t want to make it awkward between us, but I suppose there isn’t really anything to lose. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do and say?
Nothing to lose. Ask her more about herself and her opinions and interests. Don't worry about what she thinks of you; this kills dating and conversation completely! Then you can hang out at MacDonalds etc. sometime if she is interested. If not, practice on another girl that you are interested in.
Anonymous #1
Thanks, I will take this into consideration
It’s just difficult to find the moment to actually talk to her , cause I only see her for about an hour or two a week, and really there is only about 10 minutes to talk which isn’t really enough time for a good conversation. Thank you for your response anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (198)
24.24%
Pop (200)
24.48%
Jazz (33)