I have had 4 jobs I'm 18

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does it make a difference to my employability if I've had 4 jobs since 16 and each jobs lasting from 7 to 9 months? Currently at my 4th job coming up to month 6.

I want to get a new job when I start uni and after uni a main job so after university I'll hopefully have had 5 jobs in my cv.
Anonymous #1
Bump Notnek
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does it make a difference to my employability if I've had 4 jobs since 16 and each jobs lasting from 7 to 9 months? Currently at my 4th job coming up to month 6.

I want to get a new job when I start uni and after uni a main job so after university I'll hopefully have had 5 jobs in my cv.
Depends what the jobs were and why you left them. If they were fixed term, ie obviously summer jobs, or if you moved house, or if there was a progression in the roles, then no problem at all. If you got fired from or walked out of all 4 jobs, then big problem.

You'll only have 5 jobs on your CV if all 5 give evidence of relevant skills for your post graduation job.
Notnek
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Bump Notnek
Hello
Anonymous #1
They were part time jobs at supermarkets and they were Tesco morrisons sainsbury's and currently Asda. I left to try something new and due to exams in thr case of when I was 16-17
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Depends what the jobs were and why you left them. If they were fixed term, ie obviously summer jobs, or if you moved house, or if there was a progression in the roles, then no problem at all. If you got fired from or walked out of all 4 jobs, then big problem.

You'll only have 5 jobs on your CV if all 5 give evidence of relevant skills for your post graduation job.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads