The Student Room Group

Older guy

So I met this older guy on Omegle(ik sounds bad) he’s 23 and I’m 17, he lives in a different country(France and I’m in Ireland) we’ve chatted and I’m really attracted to him. Is this weird and too much of a gap? I don’t really know whether I’m mad or not because it’s fun and ik he’s probs just using me for fun but that’s what I’m doing with him. Just let me know if this is super weird or not because I’m having a hard time understanding my situation and what I think of it.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I met this older guy on Omegle(ik sounds bad) he’s 23 and I’m 17, he lives in a different country(France and I’m in Ireland) we’ve chatted and I’m really attracted to him. Is this weird and too much of a gap? I don’t really know whether I’m mad or not because it’s fun and ik he’s probs just using me for fun but that’s what I’m doing with him. Just let me know if this is super weird or not because I’m having a hard time understanding my situation and what I think of it.

While it is legal, I think the fact that you're at different life stages may make a relationship difficult to manage. How do you know he's not looking to settle? If he isn't, do you just want a FWB that's long distance? Can you even commit to someone you haven't even met yet? There's a lot to consider and it sounds like it could be messy.
You lost me at hes 23 and I’m 17. That’s predatory behaviour, ask yourself am I talking to him because i like attention from an older man, or the attention period. If so look for the attention somewhere else possibly offline.
A 23 year old man has no business talking to a child in my opinion. You don’t seem too far into things with him so I suggest you cut it off because it’s weird and predatory. He probably sees you as young and naïve most aware 17 year olds wouldn’t be on omegle and plus would immediately end communication with a grown man thing to contact them.

Good luck girl
Original post by username2013595
You lost me at hes 23 and I’m 17. That’s predatory behaviour, ask yourself am I talking to him because i like attention from an older man, or the attention period. If so look for the attention somewhere else possibly offline.
A 23 year old man has no business talking to a child in my opinion. You don’t seem too far into things with him so I suggest you cut it off because it’s weird and predatory. He probably sees you as young and naïve most aware 17 year olds wouldn’t be on omegle and plus would immediately end communication with a grown man thing to contact them.

Good luck girl

Eh, I'm and 18 year old guy seeing a 25 year old woman. Nothing wrong with it really.
Original post by Anonymous
Eh, I'm and 18 year old guy seeing a 25 year old woman. Nothing wrong with it really.

I mean, you might see nothing wrong with it but an 18 year old and a 25 year old are at two different stages in life. You are barely an adult and she's a grown adult.
I mean, I don't see anything wrong with chatting to an adult as a 17 year old. But a relationship? You're presumably still in highschool or have just left, and he's an adult who could be in university or have a job.
There's just such a different in life stages, way of thinking, etc.

And if he ever tells you that you're mature for your age: run.
The doommongering on this topic is a weekly thing on TSR... it all seems so prudish and medieval if u r over the age of consent.... as for me I was 16 he was in early 40s. It was awesome then and it's still awesome now years later :biggrin: So yeah it worked a ton better than every other peer-age rel for my hs friends around me all of which involved various measures of immaturity, negging, abuse, regret and unhappiness and all of which ended long ago. Funny how back then they were the ones telling me their crap "received wisdom" about how I was gonna be used etc. and now they r like, Candy u have it good... that's bcoz I made my own big decisions and didn't let them make them for me with their undeveloped perceptions.

BTW I have a t-shirt "Nobody uses Candy.... without her permission!" lol :wink:

Girl if u feel good go for it. Asking advice on these matters from an internet board is an insanity. U have to live with ur decision, not the baying mob. So I recommend u iggy all of us. If u feel comfy with ur plans and decisions regardless of posting on TSR or socials or what anyone thinks on any other media then do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending