cant live with my dad anymore Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

I wanted to talk about my dad, he is simply horrific to live with. He argues with everyone, comes angry from work and throws his weight around. He doesn't trust my mum and feels like she's constantly lying even though we all know she's honest. They often argue. While I was in year 11 I had a big fight with him over nothing, he kicked me out the house and after a month after my mum begged him. He allowed me to come back. From there all of my expanses apart from shelter and food were covered by my sister, my part time job and my school bursary. After we also stopped speaking. He always complains about me and how I don't respect him, says I'm an adopted son he wished he'd never got, and swears at me & my sister. Either he swears at me or indirectly calls me names when taking to my mum. He's just an horrible person overall, he believes he's highly educated but doesn't understand anything about our education. He just recently had an argument with my sister and was on the verge of hitting her. Everytime he feels cornered he brings up the fact that we're powerless without him because he pays rent and buys food. My mum is over 40 unemployed and cannot speak English. So we can't really argue against him. The most recent argument got even more hostile because he told my sister that without him she wouldn't have got her passport or her driving whereas she's 21 and can get both without him. She's payed all the fees for her licence including driving lessons and passport renewal is about a £100 which she easily covered with her part time job. My sister was really upset when my dad brings up his belief that we can't live without him and we're basically dead meat without him. My sister, my mum and myself want to move out and leave him. Except we're unsure how to, my sister may be able to move out by herself but doesn't want to leave us alone. Like I said my mum is unemployed, over 40 and can't speak English. My sister is 21 and in uni, she does a part time job. I'm 17 and in sixth form, I have a small catering job which I only do on holidays. The reason why I hesitated to ask for help before is because I didn't wanna move away from my area and change schools and leave everything behind, despite my home situation, I'm a happy guy and have good friends.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Merridan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Truly I do not know what to say except from the fact he sounds like he is very abusive
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
He sounds incredibly abusive and you should really get out of that situation. Have a look at benefits that the government provide because due to your mums unemployment status i'm sure she will be eligible for some. I really hope you get out of this situation and you and your family are okay
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
He sounds incredibly abusive and you should really get out of that situation. Have a look at benefits that the government provide because due to your mums unemployment status i'm sure she will be eligible for some. I really hope you get out of this situation and you and your family are okay
Thanks I'll look into that
Coffee Queen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,Have a look for your local women’s aid centre and explain to your mum the ways they can help her IF she wants them to. If you do this on a device your father has access to remember to delete cookies/ browsing history. Really sorry to hear you find yourself in this situation.
sayko12312
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Coffee Queen)
Hi,Have a look for your local women’s aid centre and explain to your mum the ways they can help her IF she wants them to. If you do this on a device your father has access to remember to delete cookies/ browsing history. Really sorry to hear you find yourself in this situation.
Thank you, sorry I saw this so late
Pao_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So sorry you're going through this situation. But I think you need to find some help, what language does your mum speak?
Maybe find a center where she can find some advice and help ?
sayko12312
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Pao_)
So sorry you're going through this situation. But I think you need to find some help, what language does your mum speak?
Maybe find a center where she can find some advice and help ?
She speaks bengali
Pao_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Find bengalian associations here that help woman maybe they could help
(Original post by sayko12312)
She speaks bengali
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (516)
26.27%
The paper was reasonable (857)
43.64%
Not feeling great about that exam (383)
19.5%
It was TERRIBLE (208)
10.59%

Watched Threads