The Student Room Group

Pros and Cons of King's College London and Bangor University

Hi all! I am an international student from the United States and have received offers in English from 6 schools (Aberystwyth, Bangor, Edinburgh, Gloucestershire, KCL, and Leeds) I *think* have narrowed down my interests to KCL and Bangor—I realize these schools are on entirely opposite sides of the spectrum. As I can't visit the campus myself and I know nothing of the environment within the schools, I'd like for current students to tell me a little bit about life on campus; pros and cons of the schools, how much time is spent face to face in class, social aspect, any and everything else.
I think one of my biggest concerns is that a smaller school hinders job opportunities and contacts as in the U.S. Will it truly make that big of a difference here?
Any advice would be much appreciated!

(I need to firm my first choice as I've gotten results back and meet the offers of all choices)
(edited 5 years ago)
I’m not a university student, but there are some things I can tell you. You say that you think you have narrowed your choice down to KCL and Bangor. When you narrow down to 2 choices, this is called your firm and insurance choice. Basically your firm choice is the uni you hope to go to, and the insurance choice is like a backup in case you don’t get the grades you are hoping for. Idk about what your offers are, but if you are indifferent about which uni you go to, you should put your higher offer as your firm choice and your lower offer as your insurance choice. Bangor is a small town in a rural area, with a population of around 13000, including around 10000 students, so basically Bangor is almost entirely populated by students. London is ofc a major megacity, home to around 10 million people. So I guess it depends whether you like quiet remote areas, or major cities
Kings - Pros: It’s not BangorBangor - Cons: It’s flippin Bangor

Quick Reply

Latest