A-Level students - When is the best time to revise? Watch

Birmingham City University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
There's debate as to the benefits of revising in the day compared to the pros of revising at night.

Do you find it easier in the day so it's done out of the way, or do you prefer the peace and quiet of revising in the evening when most people are asleep?

We know that so many people struggle to feel awake enough in the morning to revise, which is why people will lean towards revising at night. Sleeping straight after studying is also meant to help with memory recall, so perhaps the night owls are on to something?

Do you agree? Let us know what you prefer / works best for your revision.
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Birmingham City University)
There's debate as to the benefits of revising in the day compared to the pros of revising at night.

Do you find it easier in the day so it's done out of the way, or do you prefer the peace and quiet of revising in the evening when most people are asleep?

We know that so many people struggle to feel awake enough in the morning to revise, which is why people will lean towards revising at night. Sleeping straight after studying is also meant to help with memory recall, so perhaps the night owls are on to something?

Do you agree? Let us know what you prefer / works best for your revision.
I always preferred revising in the morning- I found it difficult to get started and be motivated if I'd been asleep half the day! My exams were almost always in the morning too, so it meant I was in the routine of working in the morning (and being awake!)
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Night time (Especially between 10-12). It's like i get a boost or something so revising is better
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
That's a really great point about exams being in the morning. Definitely a great idea to tailor your revision routine, so that you feel awake and ready for them. Thanks for sharing that great tip!
(Original post by Labrador99)
I always preferred revising in the morning- I found it difficult to get started and be motivated if I'd been asleep half the day! My exams were almost always in the morning too, so it meant I was in the routine of working in the morning (and being awake!)
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
I think a lot of people feel the same. I always seem to get loads of creative thoughts and ideas late at night. This was really great for doing practice essays, and them looking back over them in the morning to see what new ideas had formulated.
(Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner)
Night time (Especially between 10-12). It's like i get a boost or something so revising is better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (370)
37.26%
No - but I will (75)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (478)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed