The Student Room Group

Further Maths - Edexcel Integration Core2

Hi, I'm doing the Edexcel Further Maths Integration questions from the text book under the name "Methods of Calculus" these types of integration questions require you to identify substitution of trig identities, using integration of the inverse trig, hyperbolic, improper integrals and mean value of functions.

I struggled through most of the questions where i needed to identify a technique and now I've finished all the questions, i was wondering if anyone knew any more resources to find more questions like these. I've been on physics and maths tutor and seen the integrals there but they aren't as complex as these ones from the Edexcel textbook.

So if anyone knows any good resources for these types of questions i'd appreciate it if you could give me the locations of these questions.
You could try Maths e.g. It does have integration with trigonometry but i'm not too sure about inverse terms. worth a shot though!

Link: http://www.mathcentre.ac.uk:8081/mathseg/
Reply 2
Thanks! I'll definitely use this for my Standard Maths revision (i.e. core 4 and core 3) and the probability section seems useful too!
Original post by assassinjeev22
You could try Maths e.g. It does have integration with trigonometry but i'm not too sure about inverse terms. worth a shot though!

Link: http://www.mathcentre.ac.uk:8081/mathseg/

edit:
I see the hyperbolics now too!
Reply 3
Original post by sp1d5r
Hi, I'm doing the Edexcel Further Maths Integration questions from the text book under the name "Methods of Calculus" these types of integration questions require you to identify substitution of trig identities, using integration of the inverse trig, hyperbolic, improper integrals and mean value of functions.

I struggled through most of the questions where i needed to identify a technique and now I've finished all the questions, i was wondering if anyone knew any more resources to find more questions like these. I've been on physics and maths tutor and seen the integrals there but they aren't as complex as these ones from the Edexcel textbook.

So if anyone knows any good resources for these types of questions i'd appreciate it if you could give me the locations of these questions.

Can you please post some examples of the integrals that you struggle with?
Reply 4
Here are two integrals I struggled with, but now that I've done them I know what to do if i see a similar integral.

Original post by Notnek
Can you please post some examples of the integrals that you struggle with?

Thats why I'd like to find similar harder integrals so I can be confident I've seen almost all the integrals the exam board can throw at me.
Reply 5
Original post by sp1d5r
Here are two integrals I struggled with, but now that I've done them I know what to do if i see a similar integral.

Thats why I'd like to find similar harder integrals so I can be confident I've seen almost all the integrals the exam board can throw at me.

These are just as hard as old spec FM. So old spec exam papers will be useful. Of course you won’t have things like “mean value” but the hard part is the integral.
Original post by sp1d5r

Thats why I'd like to find similar harder integrals so I can be confident I've seen almost all the integrals the exam board can throw at me

I would recommend just going through Dr.frost slides once, it will give you an intuitive sense of what to do when you see any sort of integral. Khan academy is also pretty useful but strays quite a bit from Further maths content which I personally find useful as it gives a more in-depth understanding of how to do questions. Also Definitely get your head around integration as it will creep into almost every topic in year 2.
Reply 7
Original post by shivsaransh1
I would recommend just going through Dr.frost slides once, it will give you an intuitive sense of what to do when you see any sort of integral. Khan academy is also pretty useful but strays quite a bit from Further maths content which I personally find useful as it gives a more in-depth understanding of how to do questions. Also Definitely get your head around integration as it will creep into almost every topic in year 2.

I would recommend you stop bumping old threads.
It's becoming a habit.
Original post by mqb2766
I would recommend you stop bumping old threads.
It's becoming a habit.

Calm down m8 it's only a one-year-old thread also I come to old threads all the time asking the same question OP posed so If someone iss offering advice I wouldn't care whether it was 10 years old or 1 day old
Reply 9
Calm down m8 it's only a one-year-old thread also I come to old threads all the time asking the same question OP posed so If someone iss offering advice I wouldn't care whether it was 10 years old or 1 day old

I realise you don't care whether it's 10 years old:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=91908780
(one if many). Again, stop bumping old threads.

Help for a 1 day old thread is useful.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by mqb2766
I realise you don't care whether it's 10 years old:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=91908780
(one if many). Again, stop bumping old threads.

Help for a 1 day old thread is useful

Lmao is there any rule preventing me from doing it and it's not hurting anyone so just go annoy someone else?
Lmao is there any rule preventing me from doing it and it's not hurting anyone so just go annoy someone else?

Bumping an old thread is specifically one of the things a post can be reported for.

Quick Reply

Latest