Foundation year medicine Watch

01Adana
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by meddad)
This document has minimum entry requirements for each Uni and has a section related to applying with a Gateway year
https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...al-schools.pdf

Of course, meeting the minimum requirements is only the first step. Getting into Medicine is highly competitive. All Med Schools will rank you to decide who to interview. Some put most emphasis on GCSE grades, others on the UKCAT or BMAT aptitude tests. Some don't accept A level resits.

I can't guarantee the document is 100% accurate, so you should also check individual Uni websites.

btw Russell Group is irrelevant to applying for medicine. All courses are delivered to GMC standards, and when you apply for post graduate training a Medicine degree from a non-Russell group Uni is ranked in the same way as one from Oxbridge. You have big enough hurdles to clear already without that distracting you.

Hope that helps
Thank you sooo muchhh, it really helped
01Adana
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Yeah thanks i already have checked eveything and i triple checked if my sixthform was up there and yepp guess im lucky in thag sense

In terms of entry requirements bristols the best uni for me.
(Original post by returnmigrant)
The course at Bristol is a widening-participation course - its open only to applicants from very specific low-performing schools, and only if your predicted grades are too low to get you onto the 5-year course.

Check you are actually eligible before you apply - and go to the Open Day in June and ask lots of questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.54%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (180)
40.27%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.7%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.26%