Do looks matter in relationship?

Watch
inconspicuous_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
As much as people say they don't, in my opinion, I think it is quite a huge factor.
Obviously, personality has a huge role too .
What are your opinions?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by inconspicuous_x)
As much as people say they don't, in my opinion, I think it is quite a huge factor.
What are your opinions?
Looks matter to an extent. You need to be physically attracted to the person. However for me personally, my boyfriend's personality is the most attractive thing about him and the main reason I am with him.
Lefin
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I find sometimes that a persons personality sort of shines through in a way making them more/less attractive and when you get to know/like someone you just sort of end up finding them attractive. It's often not until you split up with that person that you're like whaaaaaat was I thinking!? Physical attraction for flings initial 'get the ball rolling' in some cases, otherwise it doesn't matter too much
Cheesybread
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Looks matter in a small way in a relationship, you'll discover that your attracted to a person based on their looks at first but as time their personality becomes more attractive.
Ninomi
Badges: 11
Report 1 year ago
Looks matter, especially initially, but personality matters far more. For example, the personality of the guy I’m dating wins me over every time. Obviously I find him attractive, but that’s the smallest part of why I’m attracted to him.
ohdahnnyboi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I agree - i mean personality is v. important, but i need to have a physical attraction to them as well. both are equally important
Valeriex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can't force yourself to be physically attracted to people, so I guess looks do matter.
I mean I've never been in a relationship but when I have a crush on people it is usually initiated by their looks, but personality obviously helps.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
People who say they don't matter are lying to themselves.

Looks play a part, even if it's a smaller proportion to other attributes like personality or money.
ProGaming8531
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's not about the looks. They don't matter. It's the personality that counts.
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by inconspicuous_x)
What are your opinions?
Well obviously, you have to be attracted to someone to want a relationship with them
username4540078
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, of course looks matter.

I suspect people who don't think they matter have never tried to be intimate with someone they are not attracted to.
ProGaming8531
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well some people can b rlly attractive but have a personality that u hate, and there could b sum1 out there with a dull face (not judging any1) but also has a good heart
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ideally you need a combination of both. If someone is attractive but has a nasty personality the attraction will soon fade. But if you don't find the person attractive in the first place, even if they have a nice personality, it's highly unlikely a relationship will come of it.
(Original post by ProGaming8531)
Well some people can b rlly attractive but have a personality that u hate, and there could b sum1 out there with a dull face (not judging any1) but also has a good heart
Chinafication
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Relationships are mostly a ludicrous concept. There is ****ing and then there is friendship, sometimes you can combine the two. You cant **** a personality but similarly the fact that you dont want to **** them doesn't necessarily mean you are ideologically opposed to them in toto.
Last edited by Chinafication; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (579)
34.32%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (693)
41.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (338)
20.04%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (77)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed