The Student Room Group

Breadcrumbed trail to 4 predicted A*s !

Heyyyyy (insert infinite more ys),

My name's FlawlessChicken and welcome to my GYG. Well my name's not actually FlawlessChicken but I don't want anyone I know seeing this ... ah that would be very scary....

So anyways, this is my first ever GYG, hence the reason this introduction's soo trash, and it's just gonna be about the pain and struggles I go through in my school life and hopefully by letting the world know, it'll help me somehow??? idk? and maybe you guys can learn something from me too? I'm hoping to give you guys an update every week so yh here we go...

Well I better tell you all the things that I'm doing rn. Currently, I'm studying maths (Edexcel)), further maths (Edexcel) (yh I know it's deep, it's partly the reason why I'm starting this), biology (OCR A) and chemistry (OCR A) + an EPQ (OCR??? I'm not entirely sure) although I've only thought of a title. I wanna do medicine at uni, preferably at Cambridge (hence the 4A* goal i set myself with), it's been a life long dream. I would post my grades right here, but my sixth form only do these important ~predictor~ exams in June (They're soo closee ahhhhhh!) instead of unit exams. It's kinda dumb imo because you might have a bad day or something, but I guess I'll just have to accept and move on. I'm also doing the gold DofE which is kinda cool. I'm going on my practice expedition on Saturday to the Brecon Beacons so hopefully I don't die or even worse get eaten by sheep (Pray for me!!)

Outside of school, I love eating food. Literally anything.... as long as it's halal, but my favourite food has to be my mum's tiramisu closely followed by KFC (their zinger burgers in particular yum!)

I love KPOP (okay hear me out... I'm not an obsessed fangirl or anything, i just enjoy good music) and i also love hip-hop, rap, normal pop and everything in between except classical yuck!!! Yh my music taste is diverse, which is good apart from when you have to choose what genre of music you wanna listen to because you have a crap tonne of music to choose from.

Nintendo and gaming in general was my childhood so like it's still a cherished part of my life, but I play less now, I need to grind out revision. Hhhhhh Pokemon for life.

:charm: Wowow these emojis are so cool!

Right now it's a sticky one because I need to finish off making these bio notes look pretty and read some random stuff online ....... AHhhh stress fight me... I dare you! My USP to this is gonna be my random fact of the week..... When I go online, I get sucked into this blackhole of useless information that I'll never need in my life ~ but it's cool~ I tell myself....

Okay the random fact of the week (drumroll plsss):

Spoiler

Anyways thanks for wasting some of your time reading this, hopefully I haven't scared you all away and you'll hear a lot from me in the future.

Love you even though I haven't spoken to you yet kekekeke <3

P.S if you have any questions please ask me, I love questions.... JUST ASK ME!!!!!! Okay now I just need to format this nicely and correct alll the typos. Hmmm should I cOMic SaNs the situation?

P.P.S my perfectionism wants to make this even better somehow but idk how... so yh give me suggestions/advice if you can

Here. I. Go.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by FlawlessChicken
Hmmm should I cOMic SaNs the situation?

:zomg:
Please don't :rofl:

Good luck with your a-levels :biggrin:
Aww thanks! :heart: Yeah i hope my bad humour can make up for the lack of good communication or something? :dontknow:
Yeppp... thanks everything should go fine. I just wanna document everything so then when I'm done I can laugh at how much of a drama queen I was.
Original post by 8472
:zomg:
Please don't :rofl:

Good luck with your a-levels :biggrin:
11/04/19

Hhhhhh I'm so dumb to start this stuff sooo late and in the holidays. Well anywhu I just wanted to say I was very productive today, like VERY. (I know I'm so proud of myself ..... and totally humble about it!) I was wondering how I should lay this stuff out so maybe subject-wise that should be clear right?

Maths/Further Maths:
For maths today, I just did some questions on differential equations. Like the whole *ss load of physicsandmathstutor ones (Seriously where do these guys get these questions from wowowowo). I feel like I finally get it after a gruelling hour of just writing down dy's and dx's. I also helped some people on TSR and everyone's soo nice and polite. It's unreal. Like the way people are so kind to each other one here just makes my heart :heart: and makes me want to help more and more; that feeling when people really appreciate your work ..... UgH it's really really ... REALLY nice (Maybe that's why I wanna do medicine). It's also a great revision exercise as well and practice :smile:.

Chemistry:
I didn't do much chemistry today, but I did read some stuff online about this super poisonous chemical. It's called dimethylmercury. It's scary stuff. A scientist drops a drop on her hand whilst wearing latex gloves, but it still some how went into her bloodstream and poisoned her a month later. Soo scary.......

Biology:
I went over all of the Cell Division topic. I made a nice mindmap on all the stuff in it. Mitosis, Meiosis and some stuff on stem cells and ~ how they're gonna save the world ~ .... Stem cells actually sound super cool and maybe one day we can treat Type-1 diabetes, Parkinson's and lots of other genetic diseases. Damn .... i really wanted my stuff to be kinda humorous but it's sooo bland/nerdy what is this???

Other Chicken Stuff:
So some past paper questions, reading something online and making one mindmap - guess that's 'productive' for a chicken :dontknow:. I just procrastinate too much ahhahahah .... imma force myself to fix up..... definitely by the end of the Easter break. I went shopping with my mum today which was also very fun. We bought lots of food for my expedition and now I'm just here sitting face to face with some pot noodles, my mouth watering ..... oops I mean beak? (Hmmm do chickens even produce saliva? Important questions I will later google.)

Omgash ... bts' comebacks tomorrow and I can't wait... the teasers look sooo good!

Some people should read this hopefully. I think if people replied and stuff it would be nice...... hhhh everyone loves a lonely chicken begging for attention! (well that's what I think anyways)

Love you guys/guy if it's just one guy who reads this loads xx
Awww my mum just went to McDonalds to get an apple pie for me, coz I've been a good chicken and done lots of work today...... Apple pies are soo nice!!
Reply 6
Tag me!! Best of luck with cambridge dream!!! :biggrin:
Reply 7
I'd like a tag, please! :smile:
Reply 8
Hi! Good luck for your a levels I'm planning to apply to Cambridge too if I get the grades this year but in vet med

Also I love bts too its nice to see someone else who likes Kpop :smile: What do you think of their comeback? Yoongi though
Heyyy! Vet med is also soo interesting. Omg I love animals and would love a pet cat but the thing is that I'm slightly allergic to pet fur and I don't wanna take anti-histamines everyday :frown:. Good luck with getting those grades ... hopefully you will, and one day we might meet in Cambridge. That'd be really funny/cool.

Hhhh I have a feeling this GYG is eventually gonna evolve into more of a kpop appreciation page or something.... hopefully I don't go too into it. The bts comeback was really good ahhhh I love it. I've always been a Jimin stan at heart, but they're allll sooo talented. I haven't heard the whole album yet, but I'm guessing all the songs are bops. And yess ..... yoongi though :smile:
Original post by Emilygus
Hi! Good luck for your a levels I'm planning to apply to Cambridge too if I get the grades this year but in vet med

Also I love bts too its nice to see someone else who likes Kpop :smile: What do you think of their comeback? Yoongi though
Aw thats a shame you could always get a sphinx though they kind of resemble a shaved rat, and thanks, that would be funny if we did meet yeah:h: Also do you think you'll take a gap year? I'm taking a year out to hopefully get some more experience

Ill try not to go off too much but yeah I really enjoyed their comeback as well I've always been a namjoon/yoongi stan but I saw jimin at the o2 concert last year and honestly been questioning that ever since? Just the jimin effect. Though tbh they all stood out this comeback which I like
Original post by FlawlessChicken
Heyyy! Vet med is also soo interesting. Omg I love animals and would love a pet cat but the thing is that I'm slightly allergic to pet fur and I don't wanna take anti-histamines everyday :frown:. Good luck with getting those grades ... hopefully you will, and one day we might meet in Cambridge. That'd be really funny/cool.

Hhhh I have a feeling this GYG is eventually gonna evolve into more of a kpop appreciation page or something.... hopefully I don't go too into it. The bts comeback was really good ahhhh I love it. I've always been a Jimin stan at heart, but they're allll sooo talented. I haven't heard the whole album yet, but I'm guessing all the songs are bops. And yess ..... yoongi though :smile:
Damn I’m going on my DofE expedition now ..... hopefully I don’t die and I’ll update you guys when I come back (more like if I come back). It’s acc not fair, obviously the searing head ache gets me the day I have to go off. 😭
Original post by Emilygus
Aw thats a shame you could always get a sphinx though they kind of resemble a shaved rat, and thanks, that would be funny if we did meet yeah:h: Also do you think you'll take a gap year? I'm taking a year out to hopefully get some more experience

Ill try not to go off too much but yeah I really enjoyed their comeback as well I've always been a namjoon/yoongi stan but I saw jimin at the o2 concert last year and honestly been questioning that ever since? Just the jimin effect. Though tbh they all stood out this comeback which I like

A shaved rat .... sounds aPpeAling

The medicine course is already sooo long like 6 years.... then to become a consultant it’s another 10 years sooooo I really just wanna do it all quick.... I feel like a gap year would just be long and I’d procrastinate allll my time away.
How did you do at GCE's. Have you applied to Cambridge and been given an offer?
GCSE*S
Original post by coolio333
How did you do at GCE's. Have you applied to Cambridge and been given an offer?

I haven’t applied yet ... that’s this October as I’m only in yr 12. GCSEs were good. I got A*s/9s for most subjects I did apart from Latin and Business/ Economics. (I could’ve done slightly better imo .... but I’m happy with it). I kinda miss them actually because they were sooo much simpler than A Levels.
(edited 4 years ago)
I'm doing my GCSE's now and any advice would be really great.
I do:
1. History - edexcel
2. English Lit - edexcel - Romeo & Juliet, Animal Farm, A Christmas Carol and poetry: Time & Place - been stuck on a grade 7 since last year but I REALLY want a 9, tips would be great lol
3. Combined science - aqa
4. Maths - edexce
5. Religious Studies - edexcel
6. Spanish - Positive I will fail that subject
7. Drama
Original post by coolio333
I'm doing my GCSE's now and any advice would be really great.
I do:
1. History - edexcel
2. English Lit - edexcel - Romeo & Juliet, Animal Farm, A Christmas Carol and poetry: Time & Place - been stuck on a grade 7 since last year but I REALLY want a 9, tips would be great lol
3. Combined science - aqa
4. Maths - edexce
5. Religious Studies - edexcel
6. Spanish - Positive I will fail that subject
7. Drama

I’ll pm you
17/04/19

Okay, so I've come back from my DofE expedition and even though it's been a day, I'm still really tired. My legs are stiff but it was a really really good experience. I don't think I should write it down here because it might be a bit off topic, but if you guys wanna know ask, because I have a whole load of stories to tell you :smile: .

Maths/Further Maths:
So as you probably have guessed, I haven't done that much over the week. Today, I decided that there's no time to waste and continued on the grind. I did an applied maths specimen paper. We've finished applied a level maths at school now so I just wanted to see where the whole in my knowledge was. There's a massive whole. I finished the paper with about 10 minutes to spare, so I really don't think timing's going to be an issue. Each paper for edexcel is 2 hours long but only 100 marks so it's better than a mark a minute (which is good because i need time to think.) Anyways... the gap in my knowledge is a lot of statistics stuff. I got 48/50 in the mechanics section but for statistics part, I got a 37/50. I'm happy with my scores but I can definitely do better. I have to read the questions properly. Maybe that's why I hate stats because there's soooo many wordssss ....... qahhhh save me. It's just weird because everyone finds statistics to be easier but I just don't get it. :// Well at least now I know where to revise.

Biology:
I just haven't done anything here. And I find this the hardest and it's the most content heavy. I also have to write up 5 practicals that have piled up to the holidays. I. JUst. CaN't. I need to finish making summary notes on all the topics we've done in school. (I have to write up 4 more topics I think.... that's probably an underestimate.) Is it just me or does everyone do more work on the subjects they're good at and less on the stuff they're not. Cluck ~ remind me to make an effective revision timetable ~ // Okayyy rant over.

Chemistry:
We got a lot of homework for the holidays so I thought it's about time I started. The homework is self study (so much for teaching eh?), make notes and do questions on catalysis and green chemistry. Green chemistry can actually go climb the Brecon Beacons and get blown off the top for all I care. It's sooo boring and like what's the point. Plastic pollution is harming the world oh no!!! What's the point in teaching -oops wait I meant self studying- it? It's just some spiced up common sense. Please OCR try harder and think of more interesting things to ask us. So yh... I did the green chemistry task and I'm probably going to do catalysis tomorrow... hurray for a good plan that I probably won't accomplish.

Other chicken stuff:
So I'm gonna see if I can a make a taglist because I'm probably too dumb to actually do that. This week's been very action packed and I have a dinner with my cousins tomorrow as well. Balancing life is kinda hard but apparently everything in life just gets harder sooo I'm not really going to complain. I should also try to do some work experience or do some sorta medicine related extra-curricular.

The fact of the week is:

Spoiler

Everyone in my chicken coup: (Tell me if you wanna be added or taken away (hhh actually no you can't escape.... just kidding) I want loads and loads of people in my chicken coup with me xx

Chilling in the chicken coup:

Spoiler

I hope everything's going fine for everyone! And for those who are revising and have exams here's some super duper good luck with revision. Love you guys loads :heart:!
(edited 4 years ago)
Congratulations on the mathematics scores.

Also, interesting that you are doing OCR A for biology, meaning that you don't have to write a long essay at the end of everything.

Quick Reply

Latest