How should I revise science? Watch

Kookerella
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I am in year 11 obviously about to start GCSE...

During my mocks, I revised science in an incredibly long winded way which whilst i got a 9 (i dont know how?) i just dont think I can revise that way again.. I just dont have enough time (plus I have other subjects to revise as well as a social life)

Does anyone have any specific way they revised science which really helped them and doesnt take HOURS to revise one tiny bit?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
FlawlessChicken
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Well for the required practicals I used Seneca, which really helped me out for Biology in particular. Other than that, I did a whole load of past paper questions and just drilled what the mark scheme wanted from me into my brain.
Kookerella
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by FlawlessChicken)
Well for the required practicals I used Seneca, which really helped me out for Biology in particular. Other than that, I did a whole load of past paper questions and just drilled what the mark scheme wanted from me into my brain.
you didnt revise any syllabus?? damn I wish my memory was that good haha
daily_stoic
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Forget notes, forget re-reading and forget highlighting. Let something like a CGP guide be your notes. Flashcards, past papers and general active recall plus spaced repetition is the way to go. Apply the techniques outlined in these videos and you will realize that this is the most effective way to smash exams:

PART1: https://youtu.be/ukLnPbIffxE
PART2: https://youtu.be/Z-zNHHpXoMM
FlawlessChicken
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Oops this might be too late of a reply, but I also read through the specification. It's like a mini-checklist on all the information you need to know about the subject and the only content you can be tested on in your exam. Read all of the specification, go on your exam board website and it should be fairly self explanatory. I used it to see all the gaps in my knowledge and to revise the syllabus.

Good luck and have fun revising and you'll smash it, just work hard.
(Original post by Kookerella)
you didnt revise any syllabus?? damn I wish my memory was that good haha
willow239
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Youtube videos were super helpful - the channel freesciencelessons was really good. As it got closer to exams I watched his videos on 1.5x or 2x speed which worked well for me
Sefrca
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I cannot recommend CGP revisions guides enough for GCSE. Get them for every subject and highlight (if that works for you), and get a family member or friend to test you from the book. Their exam practice workbooks are pretty good as well, considering there aren’t many past papers available for the new spec. Best of luck
STEM_Nerd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Make sure you understand all the theory, and then memorise the equations. Also memorise Required Pracs and key practical terms like systematic and random errors
FFXXX
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
past paper questions, do quizzes online. for physics memorise every equation, and how to re-arrange them.
Hazzabear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you tried primrose kitten for revision videos? They have pretty good summaries that only last around an hour.

Apologises if this reply is too late!
sqrt of 5
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
before you deice to start anything READ THE SPECIFICATION!
Arianagorina
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I used educake a lot, the repetition on the quick fire questions really helped to make sure I remembered it for the exam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (190)
12.76%
Excited (122)
8.19%
Worried (279)
18.74%
Terrified (343)
23.04%
Meh (123)
8.26%
Confused (35)
2.35%