International Law LLM at Durham University

Watch this thread
jmrochester
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

Anyone going to be starting the International Law LLM and Durham in September-October this year?

Also, a lot of the interesting modules don't seem to be running this year (2018-19). Does anyone know if they will be running next year?
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
No one will know. Chances are that something similar to last year's will be running in the coming academic year. I recall that Durham's LLM (and LLB) is quite bad for hyping up the range of modules on offer, when really a lot of them haven't run for years and have little prospect of running.

What modules are you interested in?
jmrochester
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
No one will know. Chances are that something similar to last year's will be running in the coming academic year. I recall that Durham's LLM (and LLB) is quite bad for hyping up the range of modules on offer, when really a lot of them haven't run for years and have little prospect of running.

What modules are you interested in?
Hi, thanks for the response. I was interested in the international humanitarian law and the counter-terrorism modules. The latter is something i wrote my LLB dissertation on and I found it extremely interesting, and current.

Its a shame that the modules on offer are quite limited, despite the amount that are listed on their website.
Blackumbrella
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Is there any way to find out what all modules will be available in 2019? I am sure its not tough to inform the students before hand.
Notoriety
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Blackumbrella)
Is there any way to find out what all modules will be available in 2019? I am sure its not tough to inform the students before hand.
Manually check.

https://www.dur.ac.uk/postgraduate.m...earch_modcode=

Find the ones you fancy on there. Click on them and it'll tell you if they're available for 2019/20.
joanna.grg
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

I'm considering accepting an offer for International Law & Governance LLM, but I'm very disappointed with the poor module choice this year, I was really looking forward to the Law of the Sea On their website it says you can choose a module worth 30 credits from another board of studies, and I'm definitely gonna go for it and pick something from the International Relations course. Also, I find the Applied Research Methonds in Law quite helpful in terms of dissertation prep, as in my LLB I wasn't required to write one. Hope that helps!
Notoriety
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by joanna.grg)
Hi,

I'm considering accepting an offer for International Law & Governance LLM, but I'm very disappointed with the poor module choice this year, I was really looking forward to the Law of the Sea On their website it says you can choose a module worth 30 credits from another board of studies, and I'm definitely gonna go for it and pick something from the International Relations course. Also, I find the Applied Research Methonds in Law quite helpful in terms of dissertation prep, as in my LLB I wasn't required to write one. Hope that helps!
Do law of the sea as part of your LLM disso?
joanna.grg
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
That’s the plan, yeah. My other concern is that it’s a bit late now, almost the end of July now, so what if I accept the offer but there’s no PG college accommodation left?
(Original post by Notoriety)
Do law of the sea as part of your LLM disso?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (277)
42.1%
The paper was reasonable (271)
41.19%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.12%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
7.6%

Watched Threads