The Student Room Group

Am I going to fail my exams

recently at my school, we did some mock exams in which i basically failed in every subject, this had a huge impact on my self-esteem as i really thought i was going to do well, after this the school sent out our predicted grades , which i know sometimes arent always how it could turn out, but if it does i have no hope into getting into a sixth form.im really afraid and i cant talk to my friends about this as they just wont understand help?!
Try and explain why you think this happened. People might be more helpful if they had more to go on.
Just study, your predicted grades can always be changed by teachers if you prove that you have improved. Keep trying and remember that your grades do t reflect your whole abilities
The fact you're worried and asking others about it proves that you must care enough to want to put the work in to improve. There's enough time to turn things around and with a little bit of effort there's no reason why you'd fail. It may be worth attending extra help/ revision sessions at school or finding someone willing to tutor you (e.g. parent, sibling, elder friend, professional tutor etc)
Original post by jenna90210
recently at my school, we did some mock exams in which i basically failed in every subject, this had a huge impact on my self-esteem as i really thought i was going to do well, after this the school sent out our predicted grades , which i know sometimes arent always how it could turn out, but if it does i have no hope into getting into a sixth form.im really afraid and i cant talk to my friends about this as they just wont understand help?!
I am struggling but i never let it impact me at all keep working hard and you will succeed never give up in life say to yourself you can do it nothing will bring me down
What this person said it's true. It doesn't matter if you are struggling if you work hard and never give up you'll pass. I was failing maths last year I was getting the lowest in my class e.g. 2's and 3's. I was still failing close to the exams and I never gave up and kept working hard and ended with with a 6. So, just never!
Original post by 2838676907
I am struggling but i never let it impact me at all keep working hard and you will succeed never give up in life say to yourself you can do it nothing will bring me down
Try to remember that before your mock exams you were probably still covering content in class. There's every possibility that you can increase the grades as long as you are prepared and don't panic!

I wrote a blog recently on how to plan out your study hours during the holidays and there's a link to a revision planner on there too if that's helpful? (it's too big to upload here).

The other thing to keep an eye out for is online tutors who may be running group revision sessions in the run up to the exams. It's probably a bit late to find a tutor at this stage (I'm usually fully booked after January, if not earlier), but there's usually spaces on group lessons.
Reply 7
thank you, everyone, I really appreciate the support, your advice has really given me the boost to try harder

Quick Reply

Latest