Left or Right hands? Watch

Nabelle
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
As some might know, im a left handed and being one comes with prons and cons. One of prons is that i can eat while doing my works (my fav) but cons is some tables are made for righties, ended up using 2 tables (one for sitting, one for writing)

I understand the lefties but i bet righties do also have its prons and cons? Kindly both lefties n righties share the experience please
ddsizebra
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
when writing on whiteboard with right hand, students cannot see what was written because of the writer's body obstructing their view. With left handed lectures, students can write along with their lectures' speed.
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Nabelle)
As some might know, im a left handed and being one comes with prons and cons. One of prons is that i can eat while doing my works (my fav) but cons is some tables are made for righties, ended up using 2 tables (one for sitting, one for writing)

I understand the lefties but i bet righties do also have its prons and cons? Kindly both lefties n righties share the experience please
You have two hands. Anyone with two hands can eat and work at the same time.

Also tables aren't made for righties. They're flat and have no bias. Wherever did you get that nonsense from?

I'm ambidextrous.
ZombieTheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Lefty con - smudging fresh writing as you write.

^ Why I got an ipad and apple pen
Tootles
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ZombieTheWolf)

Does this even happen though? I use a fountain pen and have never smudged when writing left-handed. If you're smudging then your posture is wrong.
ZombieTheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Tootles)
Does this even happen though? I use a fountain pen and have never smudged when writing left-handed. If you're smudging then your posture is wrong.
Yes, it's extremely common. Pls stop dissing my hand posture fam, it's beautiful thank you very much
Tootles
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Yes, it's extremely common. Pls stop dissing my hand posture fam, it's beautiful thank you very much
I suppose you're one of those who curls your wrist all round and writes sideways :rolleyes:
username4355882
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Righty

Con-Since I drive with my right hand, I can't rest it on the window and look uber-cool
Nabelle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tootles)
You have two hands. Anyone with two hands can eat and work at the same time.

Also tables aren't made for righties. They're flat and have no bias. Wherever did you get that nonsense from?

I'm ambidextrous.
Name:  IMG_20190411_143526.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  33.9 KB
That type of table, and the one here that i used are quite smaller than that- limited area to write.

by eating i mean while holding the foods while writing my work, the society here believe that eating should only be use with right hand
Nabelle
Rep:
?
(Original post by ddsizebra)
when writing on whiteboard with right hand, students cannot see what was written because of the writer's body obstructing their view. With left handed lectures, students can write along with their lectures' speed.
Trueee but sometimes me writing on the board got the sentence before got rub by my back hand 😂
Nabelle
Rep:
?

So true! Thats why i use other pens than the inky pens though they look cool when using ones (plus i have tendency of spilling on my work so 😂)
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I’m left handed and have had to get used to it : my writing ✍️ is atrocious though. My mum was born left handed but in those days left handed ness was supposed to be the work of the devil 👿 ( I think maybe the devil was supposed to be left handed) so she was forced to learn to write right handed. She ended up ambidextrous.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I’m left handed and I use fountain pens without smudging at all. As Tootles said, if you’re smudging then it means your hand posture is wrong and that you’re lazily dragging it over the paper.
blackangel2000
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by nabelle)
as some might know, im a left handed and being one comes with prons and cons. One of prons is that i can eat while doing my works (my fav) but cons is some tables are made for righties, ended up using 2 tables (one for sitting, one for writing)

i understand the lefties but i bet righties do also have its prons and cons? Kindly both lefties n righties share the experience please
i use right hand for.....................anything ........but not for one thing lol
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Ok, I’m trying to eat my lunch, lol xx
ZombieTheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
I’m left handed and have had to get used to it : my writing ✍️ is atrocious though. My mum was born left handed but in those days left handed ness was supposed to be the work of the devil 👿 ( I think maybe the devil was supposed to be left handed) so she was forced to learn to write right handed. She ended up ambidextrous.
It's called the "right" hand for a reason, eh?
ZombieTheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
I’m left handed and I use fountain pens without smudging at all. As Tootles said, if you’re smudging then it means your hand posture is wrong and that you’re lazily dragging it over the paper.
What's the correct posture? :s all my lefty friends laugh about the smudging with me so I never assumed it was wrong hand posture.

edit - I googled this correct hand posture and it seems I'm already doing it, unless it's the wrong one?
Last edited by ZombieTheWolf; 9 months ago
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
:sucks:
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I guess with a title of left hands/right hands it was never gonna be thrilling 😞
blackangel2000
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I think the same: right hand to write to eat to bring to do something, the left to enjoy myself coz it is as another people touche me ....lol
It's called the "right" hand for a reason, eh?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (11)
8.8%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (13)
10.4%
No, but maybe I will look into it (33)
26.4%
No and I wouldn't consider it (68)
54.4%

Watched Threads