AlisonFred97
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
CAIE A LEVELS CHEMISTRY 9701

I am doing CIE Chemistry 9701, will appear for the A2 examination in this May/June 2019 series. My paper is on the 2nd of May, so any help ASAP would be highly appreciated.
My question is, Which topic(s) from AS Level Chemistry are asked/appear in A2? Meaning, which topics should I revise from my AS notes, this confuses me very much. Thanks in advance
Last edited by AlisonFred97; 1 year ago
username1445490
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I presume you mean this?

Name:  Screenshot_14.png
Views: 277
Size:  141.8 KB

It's page 14 here https://www.cambridgeinternational.o...1-syllabus.pdf
AlisonFred97
Rep:
?
Yess this, but i don't understand what this means with regard to which AS topics need to be revised for A2 exam?
(Original post by Madasahatter)
I presume you mean this?

Name:  Screenshot_14.png
Views: 277
Size:  141.8 KB

It's page 14 here https://www.cambridgeinternational.o...1-syllabus.pdf
username1445490
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Topics 1,3 and 4 only have ticks in AS they underpin so much else that material would still be tested although indirectly at A2 so you can't forget it.
Topic 5 - A2 builds on AS so Hess Cycles won't be directly examined as it will be Born-Haber but they go together.
Topic 6 - Assume you need all of it.
Topic 7 - Not likely to ask for an explanation in terms of Le Chatelier's principle but the rest of is underpinned by that so you can't forget it.
Topic 8 - Maxwell Botzman and collision theory wont be directly examined at A2.
Topic 9 - Not examined at A2 but underlying ideas to explain trends still needed.
Topic 10 - Specific AS reactions not tested
Topic 11 - Not examined at A2 but underlying ideas to explain trends still needed.
Topic 12 - All is A2
Topic 13 - Not examined at A2.
Topic 14 - Specific AS functional groups not directly tested at A2 (alkanes, alkenes etc) but underlying ideas useful and reactions maybe needed for organic synthesis.
Topic 15 - Not all examined but underlying ideas useful and reactions maybe needed for organic synthesis.
Topic 16 - Not examined but underlying ideas useful and reactions maybe needed for organic synthesis.
Topic 17 - Not all examined but underlying ideas useful and reactions maybe needed for organic synthesis.
Topic 18 - Not all examined but underlying ideas useful and reactions maybe needed for organic synthesis.
Topic 19 - Not all examined but underlying ideas useful and reactions maybe needed for organic synthesis.
Topic 20 - All A2
Topic 21 - All A2
Topic 22 - All needed for A2
Topic 23 - All A2

Since A2 builds on AS you pretty much need it all!
AlisonFred97
Rep:
?
Thank you so much, this is extremely helpful!!!
(Original post by Madasahatter)
Topics 1,3 and 4 only have ticks in AS they underpin so much else that material would still be tested although indirectly at A2 so you can't forget it.
Topic 5 - A2 builds on AS so Hess Cycles won't be directly examined as it will be Born-Haber but they go together.
Topic 6 - Assume you need all of it.
Topic 7 - Not likely to ask for an explanation in terms of Le Chatelier's principle but the rest of is underpinned by that so you can't forget it.
Topic 8 - Maxwell Botzman and collision theory wont be directly examined at A2.
Topic 9 - Not examined at A2 but underlying ideas to explain trends still needed.
Topic 10 - Specific AS reactions not tested
Topic 11 - Not examined at A2 but underlying ideas to explain trends still needed.
Topic 12 - All is A2
Topic 13 - Not examined at A2.
Topic 14 - Specific AS functional groups not directly tested at A2 (alkanes, alkenes etc) but underlying ideas useful and reactions maybe needed for organic synthesis.
Topic 15 - Not all examined but underlying ideas useful and reactions maybe needed for organic synthesis.
Topic 16 - Not examined but underlying ideas useful and reactions maybe needed for organic synthesis.
Topic 17 - Not all examined but underlying ideas useful and reactions maybe needed for organic synthesis.
Topic 18 - Not all examined but underlying ideas useful and reactions maybe needed for organic synthesis.
Topic 19 - Not all examined but underlying ideas useful and reactions maybe needed for organic synthesis.
Topic 20 - All A2
Topic 21 - All A2
Topic 22 - All needed for A2
Topic 23 - All A2

Since A2 builds on AS you pretty much need it all!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (4)
12.5%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (10)
31.25%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (3)
9.38%
No, I haven't received any communication (15)
46.88%

Watched Threads