The Student Room Group

English Literature A Level

I want to study English Literature at A Level but I’m not sure if I’m good enough. I’m current getting 7s in GCSE but I want to go to Oxford to study music where I’ll need AAA at A Level. Would I be able to achieve an A at A Level?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Most sixth forms/colleges require a B/6 in GCSE English Literature and Language, so if you attain a 7, you should be fine.

A Level English Literature is no mean feat; there's a lot of novels, plays and poems to study and learn, but it's doable.

Context is a major part of Literature at A Levels, so think about taking history too if you're interested.
(edited 5 years ago)
This time last year I was getting 6s in English Lit GCSE (in the end I got an 8) and I’ve got As all of this year (for AS). I’d say it’s definitely possible for you to do well in it at A level, especially as you’re getting an A in it already and you seem to enjoy the subject

Quick Reply

Latest