Parents wont let me get extra time

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My school thinks I need extra time as there are some exams I don’t finish but my parents won’t let me take the test because they think it could potentially damage job prospects. A levels are around the corner and I really don’t know what to do as I’m still missing out a lot of questions any advice?
Rhodesian
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tell your parents it won’t damage job prospects.
No one will know you had extra time.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No employer is going to know you had extra time in exams unless you tell them. And even if there was some way of employers finding out, surely it's better to explain that you had a little bit of extra help which meant you got good grades than by not accepting the help and not doing as well as you could?
Kinyonga
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Extra time at exams has absolutely no impact on your job prospects. And as the others have mentioned, your employers won't know anyway.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
1) Do you need their 'permission' to take this test?

2) Go and talk to the relevant teacher or exams person at your school - explain the situation with your parents and ask for their help. If they phone you parents and reassure them that it'll make no difference at all re. jobs (because it wont) you might be able to turn it all round and get them on your side.
jayeshv7021
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
our parents won't want to give you extra privileges if you're grumpy and mean to them. ... Spending extra time with your parents shows you care about them ... those extra 30 minutes would really help me get everything done.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (144)
42.73%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.57%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.93%

Watched Threads