Piano or Guitar?

Watch
username4355882
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have time to pick up one of them back but I am unsure between the two.

I enjoy guitar more and there would be a lot of learning involved but if I play piano and prep myself, I could up a grade on ABRSM.

Any advice?
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Biased here but:
Guitar is easier to idly practice. Piano is something you need to actually sit down at a specific spot to do, whereas I can just do exercises on the guitar while watching TV
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
guitar since you enjoy it more
Camryn0903
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I teach myself both... but I cant read anything but drum notation (coz that's what i got lessons for) so i play it by ear... i used to love piano and still do but at some point it just got a bit tedious... but guitar... I dont think I'll ever stop loving that because theres just so much to change up... like the strumming patterns... the chords.. the capo... the plucking technique... the style (for instance I LOVE to play in flamenco style 💃💃)... but I use piano more for songs that I play and sing... because I find it easier to play piano and sing rather than guitar and sing.... but if its instrumental definately guitar xx
vortex13
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I play piano for fun occasionally, but I think guitar. Been playing for quite a while now, and seeing as you enjoy it more you’re more likely to stick with it.
Doing an instrument just to get grades isn’t the point of them- grades are one way to gradually learn an instrument and get better. It’ll be more fulfilling to learn an instrument because you want to and maybe pick up a couple grades along the way
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
piano cos you can play see u again
Marcus_:D
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Go find what pieces are out there. My attachment to the piano definitely grew when I heard Joe Hisaishi’s compositions for Studio Ghibli and I just wanted to learn them ASAP
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Keytar.

Ding ding, winner.
vortex13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Keytar.

Ding ding, winner.
That’s actually genius

Except a keytar is basically just a keyboard that you hold like a guitar if I remember right.....
So it’s not really a guitar at all........
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by vortex13)
That’s actually genius

Except a keytar is basically just a keyboard that you hold like a guitar if I remember right.....
So it’s not really a guitar at all........
As close as yer gonna get!
vortex13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gjd800)
As close as yer gonna get!
Fair point
Demnn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just do which ever YOU enjoy most. they are both beautiful instruments.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed