Revising Prepared French Answers

Watch this thread
bwezijl4
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I'm doing GCSE French and German and I have my speaking exams coming up. 50% of the speaking exam is the general conversation (30 marks). I really want to be able to get an 8/9 in French so I've obviously started learning my prewritten answers for it. However, I have 107 paragraphs to remember (58 for French, 49 for German) and I'm really struggling.

Do you think it would be better to continue trying to learn or my phrases or just try and learn loads of vocab, grammar etc and try and speak more fluently but without having set phrases from memory? I've been thinking about this but I'm worried it's too much of a risk.

Thanks!
avocadosushi
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bwezijl4)
Hi, I'm doing GCSE French and German and I have my speaking exams coming up. 50% of the speaking exam is the general conversation (30 marks). I really want to be able to get an 8/9 in French so I've obviously started learning my prewritten answers for it. However, I have 107 paragraphs to remember (58 for French, 49 for German) and I'm really struggling.

Do you think it would be better to continue trying to learn or my phrases or just try and learn loads of vocab, grammar etc and try and speak more fluently but without having set phrases from memory? I've been thinking about this but I'm worried it's too much of a risk.

Thanks!
This reply might be a little late but hi there! I don't have the struggle of taking up two foreign languages (I only learn French). Usually, all your internally assessed marks and mocks should tell you how prepared you are for the speaking part of it. I'm not sure how your board works since I'm sitting for the CIE IGCSE one but it's a good idea to check out BBC Bitesize since they have topic wise questions like this one, for example. I'd say just memorise a few intermediate phrases that you know you won't go wrong with and will impress the examiner. More so than that, focus on the vocabulary in your textbooks and any online sources you've referenced. I've been using a few courses online- Memrise 1 and Memrise 2 to gain an advantage over my peers. That should suffice.
bwezijl4
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by avocadosushi)
This reply might be a little late but hi there! I don't have the struggle of taking up two foreign languages (I only learn French). Usually, all your internally assessed marks and mocks should tell you how prepared you are for the speaking part of it. I'm not sure how your board works since I'm sitting for the CIE IGCSE one but it's a good idea to check out BBC Bitesize since they have topic wise questions like this one, for example. I'd say just memorise a few intermediate phrases that you know you won't go wrong with and will impress the examiner. More so than that, focus on the vocabulary in your textbooks and any online sources you've referenced. I've been using a few courses online- Memrise 1 and Memrise 2 to gain an advantage over my peers. That should suffice.
Great! Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
42.56%
The paper was reasonable (257)
41.59%
Not feeling great about that exam... (53)
8.58%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
7.28%

Watched Threads