The Student Room Group

Revision

How should I revise ?
How long should I revise?
Try to do at least 30 hours over Easter. I would suggest having a 5 day timetable. In these 5 days, you will have 2 intense days, 1 medium day, 1 low day and a rest day. As for how long you do, that depends on you but I know that for me, intense is 8 hours, medium is 5-6 and low is 3-4.

To revise, do past papers, mark them, learn the topics you struggled on and do them again or do more of them.
you should know at this point what your revision capabilities are but obviously as we're approaching the exams you'll need to increase the amount of revision you are doing and making sure you're 100% focused. plenty of ways you can revise but at this stage you should be focusing on methods that require active recall such as practice papers, workbook questions, flashcards, essay plans (if applicable) etc.
4-5 hours a day's a decent amount as long as you're taking breaks. obviously you can't expect yourself to be doing tons and tons of revision each day so don't get upset if not every day's productive- some days do less hours.

Quick Reply

Latest