Midwifery entrance test Watch

SpiritedLaux
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey!

I have the entrance exams for Midwifery this Saturday at the University of Wolverhampton, I am curious to any details anyone could possibly share about the tests. Is there any specifics I should revise? E.g - division, multiplication, decimals etc.

How many questions? Time length of examination? What was required for the English test? Are they complex?

Any response would be greatly appreciated! (:
daniellenw96
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi!

I hope your test went well today!! I have mine on Monday and I’m super nervous 😬 can you tell me how difficult it was and roughly how long it lasted? I’d really appreciate any info!
SpiritedLaux
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I actually got the dates mixed up and I'm doing it Monday too! I confused the deadline date and the actual test date!

Although, a girl on my course had done the tests earlier this year, she reccomended revising decimals, division, multiplication and conversion of measurements! The English is apparently an essay which is unfortunately what she failed on. I'm assuming they choose an essay to see your grammar, spelling and structure of an essay! I'd recommend always starting with an introduction and ending with a conclusion, and if possibly create argument!

Might see you Monday! Good luck to you and hopefully we both pass!!!
daniellenw96
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me! Ive been revising that kind of thing already so hopefully I’ve done enough prep, although I’m still really nervous because it’s been so long since I’ve done maths! I’ve already got a degree so don’t feel as bad about the essay part of the exam, its just maths that isn’t my strong point! Fingers crossed we will both be okay!

Good luck and I may see you tomorrow haha
daniellenw96
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
You may have already seen these but thought I would share:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5084328

This thread has lots of links to practice tests which I’ve been working through, I’m hoping the Wolverhampton test is pretty similar to these ones!
SpiritedLaux
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
That's wonderful! Thank you!

I have been doing some last minute revising using your link. It was very helpful! We are so close now, the nerves are getting to me!

Hoping we both pass and get interviews! 😁
daniellenw96
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
No problem, glad they were helpful!

I’m trying to do some last minute revision too but I’m so nervous, I just want to get it over and done with now 😖

Really hope it goes well for you, good luck!!
SpiritedLaux
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
How did you feel you did on the exams? I feel as though the maths was quite difficult and I'm not hopeful! Do you know what grade it was to pass?
daniellenw96
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I found it really hard too! I ran out of time and didn’t get to answer the last couple of questions so right now I don’t feel very confident at all 😥

I asked what the pass rate was at the end and the lady said around 75% but she wasn’t certain
SpiritedLaux
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I managed to finish but I know for certain I got 4 questions wrong after thinking about the questions after the tests! I struggled on the decimals! And there was 17 questions so I could only fail 4 if it was 75% pass rate. Oh well! I'm pleased I applied after I got my places for adult nursing!

I really hope we somehow managed to pass and get an interview though!

I was quite thrown off the climate change piece, thankfully I knew a little about the story prior to the question!
It was a learning experience at least!
daniellenw96
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
My friends sister applied to 5 different universities for midwifery this year and she said the Wolverhampton test was the hardest by a mile! I wonder why it’s so difficult compared to the other unis? My theory is that the course is oversubscribed so they have to find a way of narrowing down the applicants!

I know the last question was worth 3 marks and because I didn’t finish, I’m almost certain that I’ve failed 😥 there’s nothing we can do now other than hope for the best though! Keeping my fingers crossed for you 🤞
SpiritedLaux
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I knew it would be difficult, and definitely I believe it's their way of minimising applicants. I have 2 friends who were rejected purely on their personal statements and weren't even offered the selection day tests! It must be in 3 steps for minimising. Statement, tests and iinterview. I've never known anyone to be rejected on personal statements especially from Wolverhampton as I thought this was the easiest university to be successful!

Do you know when we are informed about results?
daniellenw96
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I think they said we would find out in about 10-14 working days, I wish it was sooner 😭
daniellenw96
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I’ve somehow got through to an interview! I thought I’d failed so can’t believe it 😱 have you heard anything?
SpiritedLaux
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Congratulations!!! I hope you get it!

I failed the entry tests! But it's okay, I have 2 conditional offers for adult nursing, I applied for midwifery on a whim! I'm so happy for you!

😁😁😁
daniellenw96
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Thank you so much! Sorry to hear that but it’s great news that you have your offers for nursing! I’m sure you will be great 😃
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.66%
No - but I will (46)
6.69%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (325)
47.24%

Watched Threads