The Student Room Group

Morethan smartwheels blackbox not recording properly

I had my blackbox installed nearly 2 months ago and installed the app that tells me how good my driving is. The app clearly shows all my journeys are being recorded so the gps is working, but my score hasn’t changed from 10/10 since being installed. I KNOW my score shouldn’t be 10/10 as I have gone over the speed limit every day since having it installed, and my smoothness and braking are disgusting. Is this normal for morethan black boxes or is mine faulty?
Reply 1
Original post by brckhmptn
I had my blackbox installed nearly 2 months ago and installed the app that tells me how good my driving is. The app clearly shows all my journeys are being recorded so the gps is working, but my score hasn’t changed from 10/10 since being installed. I KNOW my score shouldn’t be 10/10 as I have gone over the speed limit every day since having it installed, and my smoothness and braking are disgusting. Is this normal for morethan black boxes or is mine faulty?

This is a joke, right?
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom
This is a joke, right?

Nope lol, I’m not complaining I’m just curious whether it’s similar to anyone else as I alway hear about how bad their black boxes are (giving low scores constantly or making up journeys etc).
Reply 3
Don't take it for granted as you might just get a cancellation letter one day

Just throw the retarded thing in the bin, all black boxes are basically scams
Reply 5

Did you continue to have this problem?
Reply 6
Did it stay that way?
I have had my blackbox around 310 days and around 40 days in my box stopped working, my box records trips etc but my score never updates and if it does it goes up or down by 1 point, i do drive like i want now but never extreme and never speed but yeah my insurance has never bothered me about it, friends box also does the same but we're both on hastings smartmiles, seems the boxes are just prone to failure and there is nothing you can do, only if you purposely mess with it then it becomes a problem, some people tell their insurance and they normally send someone out to take a look (half the time they charge you...lol) but personally i don't care and when i drive it never worries me anymore but i 100% make sure to stick within speed limits just in case one day it comes back to full life but i doubt it as its been almost a full year.

Would suggest you keep it quiet and to yourself and drive normally, don't speed and don't do anything silly as the box could possibly come back to life but yeah have fun with it :wink: just realised this is a year old but ah well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending