Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Just general ops pls x
entertainmyfaith
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
really enjoyed it, food was a bit naff for me (small portions smh) but met some really great people and didn't regret it one bit. wish i could do it all over again tbh.
alice3467
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It all depends on the group of people you're with, I would definitely advise going with friends who you can have a laugh with, the more the better. Personally I did not enjoy NCS due to the group I was in; the people were all nice enough but not what I had gone for. No one wanted to participate in activities so I was continually relied on by the leaders to go first and was the only one who spoke and smiled. The campsite did not look like the posters in the slightest and the activities were ok considering the £50 price but not particularly adventurous nor exciting. Essentials to bring I would say include; extra food as qualities of meals can vary, power bank as there are NO electrical outlets or chargers, something to entertain yourself at nights or in breaks because if no one speaks it's a LONG day, wet wipes as the shower situation was poor, deodorant to back that one up. For anyone that does do it it doesn't mean your experience is going to be like this, so please take my opinions with a pinch of salt and go enjoy it, there only one way to find out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads