I recently moved to the UK with no job, no home, no money. please help? Watch

jobless321
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone. I am a 26 year old, single guy with no job, no money and no home. I moved to the UK recently for a fresh start. I have only 30 pounds money left. I don't know where to go. I am feeling helpless. I want to get a job but I have no home so no address to show. I was considering of joining the military because I can get food to eat and a shelter to live but I don't meet the residency requirement so that is also out of the option. What do I do? Please help. I have no criminal history. I don't drink, smoke or take drugs. I just wanted a fresh start because back home I grew up and lived with my dysfunctional family, no job or career opportunities.
Baerose_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well that’s smart
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
doyney64
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Try this website called Couchsurfing, could give you a place to stay so you're not homeless tonight. You need to prioritise getting a job, so sort out your cv, start applying and if you get an interview make sure you seem enthusiastic and willing to work hard. If you can't find someone's couch to sleep on, try to find a homeless shelter and ask to stay or at least ask for some advice there. Good luck mate, hope it all goes well for you,
Grizwuld
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go to your embassy or consulate and ask for assistance to return home.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jobless321)
Hi everyone. I am a 26 year old, single guy with no job, no money and no home. I moved to the UK recently for a fresh start. I have only 30 pounds money left. I don't know where to go. I am feeling helpless. I want to get a job but I have no home so no address to show. I was considering of joining the military because I can get food to eat and a shelter to live but I don't meet the residency requirement so that is also out of the option. What do I do? Please help. I have no criminal history. I don't drink, smoke or take drugs. I just wanted a fresh start because back home I grew up and lived with my dysfunctional family, no job or career opportunities.

sounds like you've basically just come over her to take advantage of our benefit system as you came with no job no money and no accommodation sorted out
Kinyonga
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He's obviously not getting many benefits.
(Original post by ANM775)
sounds like you've basically just come over her to take advantage of our benefit system as you came with no job no money and no accommodation sorted out
Kinyonga
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Honestly the only thing I can think of is that you go to a homeless shelter and ask them for help. I hope it all works out for you
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kinyonga)
He's obviously not getting many benefits.
probably he misjudged the benefits system

they wont house a single male with no dependents

I watched a programme on it a few months ago and plenty of people come over like he has done with just the clothes on thier back and expect the British government to take care of them, those with children tend to luck out and get housed whilst those without are left high and dry
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would suggest you get enough money together and get a flight/boat home, you wont have a good time here without residency and any real idea of what you are doing and I would not want you to become another burden to us.
jonnyboy800
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So you moved to the UK with No money, No job, No home. Why? What do you think you'd do once here?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
And yet you managed ,of all things, to join TSR... Troll.
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
And yet you managed ,of all things, to join TSR... Troll.
Exactly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (219)
22.91%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.2%
It was TERRIBLE (135)
14.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise