do universities contact secondary schools about the grades i sent them? Watch

This discussion is closed.
MkXx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
i recieved a conditional offer from a uni i want to go to and i can only get in if i send them my grades. When i do so will they check with my secondary school to see if the grades are correct or not?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by MkXx)
i recieved a conditional offer from a uni i want to go to and i can only get in if i send them my grades. When i do so will they check with my secondary school to see if the grades are correct or not?
You need to send your certificates or official transcript of marks to meet offer conditions. They wont just accept you emailing a list of grades.
MkXx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
You need to send your certificates or official transcript of marks to meet offer conditions. They wont just accept you emailing a list of grades.
im gonna send the paper i was handed on results day, will that be okay? and do you know if they'll contact my sixth form?
nintysixthousand
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
you need to send them the actual certificates that you should have received around Christmas after exams.
(Original post by MkXx)
im gonna send the paper i was handed on results day, will that be okay? and do you know if they'll contact my sixth form?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by MkXx)
A results slip isn't a certificate. You need to send certificates.
Hammad(214508)
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If you applied through UCAS you don't need to send grades... otherwise send the original exam board certificates
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Hammad(214508))
If you applied through UCAS you don't need to send grades... otherwise send the original exam board certificates
Whether UCAS information is sufficient depends on the qualifications involved. For completed qualifications and many non standard or international qualifications UCAS often don't verify the results and certificates will be required.
That'sGreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by MkXx)
How is this trending on TSR?
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
The Unis receive a data-feed from the Exam boards in August with all achieved A level etc grades that they then match against applicant records - this is how they confirm places. They do not expect applicants to phone in their results, or provide results slips, although some Unis may expect you to produce certificates of other qualifications at eventual enrolment.
Admit-One
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If it’s previous quals, (older than a year), then the Uni involved will already have advised you how to submit verified results to them.

If it’s something awarded between summer 2018 and summer 2019 then UCAS will provide your results directly to your Firm and Insurance choices, (for the majority of UK quals anyway).
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by MkXx)
The paper you get on results day is just a printout from your school computer, it's not an official document.

You either have to send your certificates, or get the exam board to write/send a certificate directly to the university (there's usually a fee of around £20 for this service).
MKaur18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Usually they'll ask for the certificates and may ask you to send photocopies of them too.
The results slip isn't 'sufficient' evidence, most likely they'll want your certificates.
(Original post by MkXx)
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Please note : If you are taking standard UK qualifications like A levels, IB, GCSEs, most BTECs and Access courses, and expecting results this summer, you DO NOT need to send anything to your chosen Uni. Your result grades go DIRECT to the Universities, automatically from the Exam boards, 5 whole days before you get them.

Therefore you do NOT need to clog up University email boxes in August with 'copies' of results, or 'check' that they have received them. In the VERY rare event of an incomplete or missing result, the Uni will chase this through the exam board or contact you.

When UCAS Track reopens at about 7am on Results Day you will be able to see whether or not your have made the offer and/or your Uni accepted you anyway. Because they will have had your results since the previous weekend. Trust me - the system is older than you are, and it works.

For general info about Results Day, read this : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/res...el-results-day
If you are still dithering about Firm/Insurance choices, read this : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...urance-choices
Ellaa_20
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I think they are supposed to! But they only had verified my English language gcse on UCAS and I had 4 offers I think in my case I’ve moved around and took them like 5 years ago and some in a different country so it would be hard to track them down. This is probably a good thing as I did abysmally in them.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads