Propaganda and authoritarianism, alive and well.

Watch
SaucissonSecCy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
The latest talk is managing the web like China ffs. In addition, look at the UK establishments attempted overturning of Brexit(supported by remainers who apparently care more about remaining in an undemocratic body/being vindicated, than they do about being propagandised to within an inch of their lives, and seeing democracy subverted in their own country) There is something creepy going on with the public as well.

We are not living in a free world and the people who see us as always propgressing in this regard are extremely naive. We have been gettingprogressively less free, have no privacy, civil liberties destroyed and propaganda is relentless. Very depressing.
Nalk1573
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I think it stems from a lack of social skills.

Many people don't listen to each other but just express their emotions and frustrations onto other people rather than actually debate facts.
JTfoxlove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I don't think people knew what Brexit would look like, we were told it would be very different from today's reality, so I think it's only democratic to give us another vote.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
We are not living in a free world
We never were. All fool you for believing that voting once might change anything.

Freedom is not about forcing the will of 17 million people on the 49 million others. That is dictatorship.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
We never were. All fool you for believing that voting once might change anything.

Freedom is not about forcing the will of 17 million people on the 49 million others. That is dictatorship.
The majority of those who were of voting age and that actually voted though.
Freedom, it appears, is about taking a democratic vote and pretending it never happened.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
There is something creepy going on with the public as well, even mods on this site have shut down threads when I have raised somethign with evidence on here.
Can you blame them, really?

Your threads are just impenetrable rambles/rants.

Hell, even in this one you're trying to talk about, what, 10 different issues in the matter one 1 and a bit paragraphs?
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
The majority of those who were of voting age and that actually voted though.
Freedom, it appears, is about taking a democratic vote and pretending it never happened.
Which is precisely why referendums on emotive issues are not that democratic especially when the result is so close. Can you imagine a referendum on abortion or gay rights? The thought is horrendous.

How will your life be better after Brexit, just out of curiosity?
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Which is precisely why referendums on emotive issues are not that democratic especially when the result is so close. Can you imagine a referendum on abortion or gay rights? The thought is horrendous.

How will your life be better after Brexit, just out of curiosity?
I can imagine a referendum on abortion because they had one in Ireland a few months ago.
My life will be better because the UK won't become part of the EU superstate with one centralised government, taxing system etc. because that is the ultimate aim for the EU.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
I can imagine a referendum on abortion because they had one in Ireland a few months ago.
My life will be better because the UK won't become part of the EU superstate with one centralised government, taxing system etc. because that is the ultimate aim for the EU.
Eh? So your life will be better because you won't be taxed by the EU? But you aren't taxed by the EU? And yes - some want an EU tax, but it isn't going to happen, mainly because more don't want that. So how will your life be better?
username4540078
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You're the guy who was asking if there is an attempt skew the European elections in the favour of the EU on the basis that you can not find information about candidates. Given the wall to wall coverage of Brexit, it astounded me that someone could be unaware that Britain was not intending to participate in those elections.

There is not some large scale propaganda campaign going on. You are simply not very well informed regarding current affairs. Rather than rant, you'd be better off spending your time educating yourself about the world.

And sniggering and being dismissive towards really dumb ideas is not inherently fascist. I suggest you pick up a primer on political ideology then maybe you'd stop throwing around words when you clearly don't know what they mean.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Eh? So your life will be better because you won't be taxed by the EU? But you aren't taxed by the EU? And yes - some want an EU tax, but it isn't going to happen, mainly because more don't want that. So how will your life be better?
I've answered, you just don't agree with that as one, not my problem mate.
And yes we do pay taxes but when there is, and there eventually will be if the EU carries on it's current path, a centralised tax system then our taxes will have to be increased to cover those less efficient countries.
It is the very idea that there could be an EU superstate that concerns me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (160)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
9.52%
Isolating with family (71)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (38)
3.69%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.75%
Loneliness (102)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (94)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (73)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.75%

Watched Threads