I told all of my friends that I hope they get cancer Watch

MynameisJenny
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Last night I had a bit to drink and an argument broke out, the argument wasn't completely my fault and I felt like my friends were picking on me and all ganging up on me. It was very hurtful.

Enough was enough and I was telling myself in my head that the next time one of them says something negative to me I am going to bark back and then leave, soon after thinking that one of them did say something and then that's when I let loose.

I walked to the door and said, why don't you all go and get something, like let me think... cancer? and then slammed the door shut and left. Although they were picking on me I regret what I said and I don't like to blame it on the fact I was drunk.

None of them are talking to me now and I don't know what to do, I've already told them that I didn't mean what I said and that I only said it because I was drunk and upset. Well, there's one person in the group that I don't really care about so last nights message still stands for the likes of him but the others I care about, we're really close.

What can I do to make it up to them? What should I do??
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wouldn't have apologised, if you are really close with a majority it should be easy to explain that you lashed out because they were making you feel bad.
MynameisJenny
Rep:
?
I'm only apologizing to the ones I'm close with, the one I mentioned and his friend I don't care about them so. I guess but they're ignoring my messages on Facebook.
(Original post by StriderHort)
I wouldn't have apologised, if you are really close with a majority it should be easy to explain that you lashed out because they were making you feel bad.
xDron3
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If this was a group of lads they'd be in the pub together the next day as if nowt happened.
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You should never say something like that as a lot of people have been affected by it somehow. You need to apologise to your friends, ideally in person but if they don't want to see you then over messenger should be a good place to start.

When you apologise don't say anything along the lines of 'I'm sorry you're upset' as that isn't a real apology! It doesn't show that you recognise what you did was wrong. Try saying something along the lines of 'despite the circumstances of the other night, I should never have said what I said and I apologise completely for doing so'. If you try and justify why you said it I think it's okay to say that you felt upset that they were ganging up on you etc, but don't phrase it in a way that sounds like they made you say it (if you see what I mean). Don't blame anything on being drunk also, even if you only said it because of that.

Hope this helps and hope everything gets resolved soon!

Lucy
That'sGreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by xDron3)
If this was a group of lads they'd be in the pub together the next day as if nowt happened.
Lads don't argue like brats or storm out after having the piss taken out of them. It's all banter.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MynameisJenny)
Last night I had a bit to drink and an argument broke out, the argument wasn't completely my fault and I felt like my friends were picking on me and all ganging up on me. It was very hurtful.

Enough was enough and I was telling myself in my head that the next time one of them says something negative to me I am going to bark back and then leave, soon after thinking that one of them did say something and then that's when I let loose.

I walked to the door and said, why don't you all go and get something, like let me think... cancer? and then slammed the door shut and left. Although they were picking on me I regret what I said and I don't like to blame it on the fact I was drunk.

None of them are talking to me now and I don't know what to do, I've already told them that I didn't mean what I said and that I only said it because I was drunk and upset. Well, there's one person in the group that I don't really care about so last nights message still stands for the likes of him but the others I care about, we're really close.

It's interesting seeing these responses and how we're all so different.

Personally, I would aplogise profusely and genuinely. The worst I've ever done is call a friend a b**** and that was bad enough.

So the one you don't care about you do still hope she gets cancer? Wow
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
I would too.
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's kinda harsh how you don't feel the need to apologise to the one "you dont care about" considering what you said is pretty damn insulting.

As for your friends, I'm sure they'd understand if you were able to apologise in person, although it might take a while for them to warm to you again.
BarbieGirl5678
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was thinking what a queen until I read you want to say sorry to them. it took a lot of courage to stand up and roast them like that. you spit fire girl. don't ruin that reputation by showing weakness. i say stick it to them.
MynameisJenny
Rep:
?
(Original post by BarbieGirl5678)
I was thinking what a queen until I read you want to say sorry to them. it took a lot of courage to stand up and roast them like that. you spit fire girl. don't ruin that reputation by showing weakness. i say stick it to them.
You're right, I shouldn't show any weakness, they're in the wrong for all ganging up to me and now I am hoping that what I said upset them. If they want to begin a war then I'll look forward to it! My first move will probably be telling them that I hope it's terminal. I don't even need them as my friends, problem solved.
BarbieGirl5678
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You're right, I shouldn't show any weakness, they're in the wrong for all ganging up to me and now I am hoping that what I said upset them. If they want to begin a war then I'll look forward to it! My first move will probably be telling them that I hope it's terminal. I don't even need them as my friends, problem solved.
i am glad my advice has make you see the light. long live the queen. if you want you can PM me and we can discuss problems i am my areas public enemy #1 too.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Your second move will probably be posting another message on TSR wishing you hadn't been so hasty
BarbieGirl5678
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Your second move will probably be posting another message on TSR wishing you hadn't been so hasty
Jenny knows what shes doing now when one queen gives advice and support to another it strengthens them.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Jenny knows what shes doing now when one queen gives advice and support to another it strengthens them.
Whatever you say, Barbie
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Well the first thing you could do is to sincerely say sorry to them for being so mean! The other thing you could do is to control your drinking. When people over drink they generally say and do stupid things.
Then you could go out with them and get back to normal.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by That'sGreat)
Lads don't argue like brats or storm out after having the piss taken out of them. It's all banter.
'Banter 'often means taking the p..s, and being rude and trying to get away with it. A useless form of pretending to be smart.
ohdahnnyboi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Obviously, if you are drunk, you say things you don't mean. They may have been offended ( I would) but ultimately, friends forgive and understand. After they accept your apology, also explain to them that you were hurt by what they said. I hope they forgive you, holding grudges ruins everything - why don't you suggest you meet up or something. Maybe writing people letters is old-fashioned, but a really good way to show that you thought it through, and have written it down, if they refuse to see u, or a long text

That'sGreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mgi)
'Banter 'often means taking the p..s, and being rude and trying to get away with it. A useless form of pretending to be smart.
Banter is all about taking the p__s and being rude, hence why I literally said that in my comment. But it's funny.

'A useless form of pretending to be smart' not even remotely relevant or correct
snugglebear
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Apologise but say it's not working and real friends don't gang up on eachother so have a nice life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.83%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed