Mind map Watch

Sophie84
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Afternoon all

I have been practicing with mind mapping a while and thonk its a very good tool to revise.

Hopefully somebody can help me with this on, i have an exam soonish and one part is gonna be asking about upto 5 different processes, so i need to know what they, how the work, advangtes and disadvantages. They seem to have overlap with each other. I have created a map for each, but not exactly sure how to keep them for overlapping when revising. For example one says cheap to do, other say expensive. How do ppl define each map as i would imagine its easy to get the two points above mixed up as similar to each other?

Thanks in advance
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sophie84)
Afternoon all

I have been practicing with mind mapping a while and thonk its a very good tool to revise.

Hopefully somebody can help me with this on, i have an exam soonish and one part is gonna be asking about upto 5 different processes, so i need to know what they, how the work, advangtes and disadvantages. They seem to have overlap with each other. I have created a map for each, but not exactly sure how to keep them for overlapping when revising. For example one says cheap to do, other say expensive. How do ppl define each map as i would imagine its easy to get the two points above mixed up as similar to each other?

Thanks in advance
I would suggest having something associated with each...It's not quite the same, but when I had poetry analysis to learn for a set of poems, I did each mind map on a different colour of paper, which helped me remember and associate which was which. It might also be that varying your revisions technique a little more will help you- for example, you make one of them into a poster (then you know that the one on the poster was expensive to do, as it's the only one you've done as a poster), do flashcards for another, or even just learn about/revise each one in a different place. If you have other things which you associate with them that makes them distinct, it will hopefully help you to remember them separately. Hope this helps
Sophie84
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you for that, i will have a go and see where it gets me.

How many mind maps would people suggest i learn at once? I know its limitless but my exams are a month away and i have 3 of them, each a week apart. I dont want to go mad and have loads, but on the same note i will need a few to have all the information on.

Would 10 each exam be too much? Will have formula to learn to but cant figure out how to mind map it.

Thanks in advance
Sophie
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Sophie84)
Thank you for that, i will have a go and see where it gets me.

How many mind maps would people suggest i learn at once? I know its limitless but my exams are a month away and i have 3 of them, each a week apart. I dont want to go mad and have loads, but on the same note i will need a few to have all the information on.

Would 10 each exam be too much? Will have formula to learn to but cant figure out how to mind map it.

Thanks in advance
Sophie
I don't really think there's a number we can suggest, as obviously you could make fewer huge or more smaller ones...It will be different for everyone, but mindmaps might not be the way to revise every part of the course. For something like learning formulae, practice questions should help you, and flashcards to make sure you remember them.
Sophie84
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Thank you for your response. Im in the process of making formula flashcards as have quite a few to remember. Im gonna try and stick to 10 for each exam, might have to cut down the info but cues will help me remember.

Thanks again
Sophie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (369)
37.2%
No - but I will (75)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (478)
48.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed