Giving more than one answer in an exam Watch

pineapplepink
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If you gave more than one answer in a question that says something like 'give one example of...' ( assuming that your answers didn't contradict each other and not in multiple-choice section) if one of them was right and the other wasn't, would the SQA give you a mark?
Thanks
Last edited by pineapplepink; 1 week ago
henleykt
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think if the first one is right you’d be ok.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by henleykt; 1 week ago
henleykt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Or if it’s multiple choice then no
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
That'sGreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by pineapplepink)
If you gave more than one answer in a question that says something like 'give one example of...' ( assuming that your answers didn't contradict each other) if one of them was right and the other wasn't, would the SQA give you a mark?
Thanks
No, you would not get a mark. All answers for that question that you choose to put down must be correct.
(Original post by henleykt)
I think if the first one is right you’d be ok.
Wrong.
pineapplepink
Rep:
?
ok thanks
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you gave more than one answer in a question that says something like 'give one example of...' ( assuming that your answers didn't contradict each other and not in multiple-choice section) if one of them was right and the other wasn't, would the SQA give you a mark?
Thanks
No, an extra answer can negate a right one, where the additional one is either contradictory or incorrect.
pineapplepink
Rep:
?
(Original post by Labrador99)
No, an extra answer can negate a right one, where the additional one is either contradictory or incorrect.
ok, thanks for clarifying that
pineapplepink
Rep:
?
do you think the same rule would apply in the TA poetry section of the English exam i.e if you put down two quotes and analysed them both separately?
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
do you think the same rule would apply in the TA poetry section of the English exam i.e if you put down two quotes and analysed them both separately?
That's different. That would be fine.
It's like when you do a close reading, you may need to write down three points but only 2 are correct. The third one wouldn't negate for the other 2
pineapplepink
Rep:
?
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
That's different. That would be fine.
It's like when you do a close reading, you may need to write down three points but only 2 are correct. The third one wouldn't negate for the other 2
that's what I thought so that's good. thanks
AyrshireStudent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If I have enough time at the end of the exam I add back-up marks therefore if I lose a mark I can still get full marks in a question as I have another answer.
pineapplepink
Rep:
?
yeah that was my thinking behind the original question
(Original post by AyrshireStudent)
If I have enough time at the end of the exam I add back-up marks therefore if I lose a mark I can still get full marks in a question as I have another answer.
Valeriex
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My teacher says for the TA I should use at least 3 (if not 4) quotes and analysis for my secondary text (national 5) just so I definitely get the mark because sometimes my analysis isn't always detailed enough, but most other people have been told you only need 2 quotes and analysis to get the mark. My essay writing skills aren't the greatest and so she wants me to score as highly as possible in TA so my essay doesn't bring down my score too much. But what I'm wondering is if it is worth it just to only do the minimum quotes and analysis for the TA and spend more time on my essay (to try and pass it) or try and get an amazing score in poetry and just get a 6-8 in my essay. What should I do, focus on the TA or the essay?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (376)
37.49%
No - but I will (76)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (480)
47.86%

Watched Threads